Friday, 16 December 2016

Third family Christmas card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have a fabulous weekend planned. I’ve been playing with a stencil, lots of lovely die cuts and a printed topper and here is the end result …

A large card for family, it's 20cm square
We're delivering this one so depth isn't an issue
All the yummy details
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Penny Black Saturday Challenge Winter or Christmas
Scrapy Land Challenge #55 Anything Goes: I used Crafters Companion & Sizzix dies
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Let it Snow
The Ribbon Girl Challenge December Card Challenge
UnstampaBelles Challenge Flickering Lights & Happy Faces


I wanted to create a really special Christmas card for my brother and his partner Bethan this year as they are hosting Christmas. I really hope they like this as I had a lot of fun creating it and hope to make more like this in future. It has been a long time since I last created cards with printed toppers. This is going to be hand delivered so I knew I could add lots of depth, detail and more embellishments than I would if I had to post it lol! I also got to play a lot with one of the die sets that my lovely hubby let me purchase because they were a Black Friday deal, lol, I have a small pie of new stash to play with after the wedding invites are finished.

I attached the stencil to the card and used my Spectrum Aqua pens to outline the mistletoe and I went back with a damp brush to drag the colour out. I did the same to the mistletoe berries but I used my gold AquaTints to colour them. I printed the topper and attached that to a snippet of red pearl card and I distressed the edges. I also added Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste to parts of the topper to give it a lovely snowy look. As that wasn’t quite bright or sparkly enough I added some more texture paste and glitter jewel chips were added to that before leaving it to dry. Then I used loads of differently coloured snippets as well as other card snippets to die cut multiple times. I used my Liquid Pearls to make the die cut berry branch berries red. I added Stickles here and there as well as some other bits and bobs and put the card together.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stencil:
Penny Black Mistletoe stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Contemporary Christmas: Merry Christmas
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Together Forever: Graceful Swirl
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Floral Delight: Pretty Petals; In Bloom
Tim Holtz Thinlits Sizzix die set: Mini Holiday Greens die set
Winnie & Walter: Happy cutaway die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Tim Holtz Distressing tool; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: red pearl card; Sheena Douglass white card coloured with AquaTints or Pebeo Dyna Iridescent acrylic paint
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pens: Nature set
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Essentials
Dyna Iridescent Green Blue and Blue Green
Embellishments:
The Ribbon Girl: 10mm Jingle Bells; Ruby Red Liquid Pearls; Platinum Stickles Glitter Glue; mini pine cones; bark heart
Live & Love Crafts: white sisal
Tree is very old stash
Twine from my stash courtesy of a lovely friend
Adhesives/Mediums:
Cosmic Shimmer Texture paste; Pinflair Dimensional glue; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

10 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Karen this is so juicy! Just a beautiful card full of love and lusciousness. Thank you so much for entering it with us at Unstampabelles and hope to see you back with us again.

frommycraftroom said...

What a huge effort. I bet your brother and his partner adore it. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

Brenda said...

Wow, this is a stunning Christmas card Karen! I love everything about it!!! Hugs, Brenda

Greta said...

What a great card--they'll treasure it! Your stenciling is beautiful--so many wonderful details! Thanks for joining us at PBSC!

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous card and I love the image you've used...it looks wonderful against the background! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :) xx

Samra Leshinski said...

Stunning!!! Thank you so much for joining Scrapy Land Challenge with this beauty!
Hugs
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Jane said...

Your brother and his partner will love this Karen. Such a sweet card with such lovely details. Thanks so much for joining in with the fun of our Christmas challenge over at Country View x
Jane

Dale Tiernan said...

Really pretty card. Thanks for joining in at Unstampabelles. Merry Christmas.

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely pretty card ! Thank you for joining us at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow...what a lovely card and very cool stenciling!
Thanks for sharing you wonderful inspiration with us for our December Penny Black Saturday Challenge ! I hope you will join in our Anything Goes January Challenge too.

♥ Sue Kment