Sunday, 15 January 2017

A colouring page card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. I’ve been laid up with back pain so I wasn’t able to create very much. However I could and did sit and colour, or lay down and colour lol, so I used one of my Colorista colouring pages and pencils to create a general card which means we have one in the box for a just in case card and here it is …

I had to make this one into an A5 card - the butterfly is too beautiful to cut
Thankfully the flower squishes down!
This is the whole 5"x 7" colouring page
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #398 Wings on Things
Butterfly Challenge #70 J for Jewels &/ Jade
Inkspirational Challenges #126 Word Prompt: Flutter 
Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge Anything Goes bonus use a colouring page


I used the Colorista pencils to add a complete and soft layer of green to the butterfly. Once I was happy with the first layer of colour I decided that I wanted the butterfly to be darker and richer. I used a paper stump and some blending solution to get a nice even layer of green then I added another layer of colour to the dots and to the borders of the swirly lines. I then used the paper stamps again but just on the dots so that they were a nice solid colour. Once I was happy with the dots I grabbed my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen and added a clear layer on the dots and the swirly lines of the butterfly and I was done with the colouring, I love the end result.

I used a few die cuts and a chipboard embellishment for the sentiment and I kept it at that. Because the colouring pages are 5”x 7” I didn’t want to add too much to them as I wanted them to be the star and that’s why there’s not a lot on this one lol! I will be sharing more projects created around these pages before the end of the month because it’s the Spectrum Noir challenge theme on Facebook. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Sizzix dies: Holiday Greens mini set
Die-Versions: stitched star dies
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; paper burnishers

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: A4 Kraft card;
Spectrum Noir Colorista: 5”x7” Butterfly Garden pencil colouring pad
Pink pearl card from my stash
Snippets: die cuts
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Colorista: Set 1 pencils
Spectrum Noir Sparkle: clear overlay
Embellishments:
Country View Crafts: Blossom
Chipboard embellishment from a magazine
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Collall 3D glue gel; double sided tape



4 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I love the green shading you have achieved on your page. The butterfly looks gorgeous. Hope your pain eases for you. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Wendy L said...

Beautifully coloured, I had to look twice to find butterfly, right in front of my face LOL, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Hazel Agnew said...

Loving the fresh greens. Great colouring Karen. Thanks for joining in with us at Country View Crafts.

Di said...

This is beautiful!! thankyou for joining the colourcrazychallenge, good luck!!