Sunday, 22 January 2017

A second colouring page card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. I’ve finished colouring another Colorista colouring page and I knew that I had the perfect papers that would work with it so I whipped it up into a card and here it is …
An A5 card
Good to post too
All the lovely details, sadly I wasn't able to capture the shine 
You can't see it here but the foiling is lush on these pads
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #3 Anything Goes
Country View Crafts Challenge Anything Goes

  

I’ve used 2 two NBUS: #1 glitter paper was recently re-found,
hung onto it for over 10 years!
The flower die I purchased in October and it’s the first time I’ve used it.
My technique to try something new was using ink and acrylic paint to make the background (now mostly covered up) it worked and it’s the first time too! 

Scrapy Land Challenge #59 Favourite Colours: green, pink, purple, red, yellow:
I used Crafters Companion dies
Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge Anything Goes bonus use a colouring page


I have to admit that I am beyond happy with the end result of this. The free Colorista course took me a long time and it exasperated me at times too as my colouring skills weren’t. I learnt from the videos and before I did the course I didn’t find colouring relaxing but I do now. This year I want to learn how to colour with Spectrum Noir Illustrator alcohol pens too but that will have to wait as I don’t own any Spectrum Noir alcohol pens. I know what I’ll be asking hubby for my my birthday later this year. Because I want the Illustrator pens for my art endeavours as well as for my craft work he’ll be more likely to purchase some of them for me. He has been cheering me on with my art journey and encouraging me all the way.

I used one of my inky backgrounds for the base layer then I matted the Colorista page onto the glitter paper, using brads, because it’s impossible to attach anything to this glitter paper, I have tried lol! Sadly I have managed to cover up most of the gorgeous background sheet, only the dark purple on the edges is visible. But it was such a perfect match for this page that I just had to use it. I still have a lot of background paper and card to use but I reach for my own backgrounds every single time lol!

I’m hoping to take Tim’s three Creative Chemistry 101, 102 and 103 in a couple of months. It’s taken a little time and a lot of planning because I had some of Tim’s stamps and quite a lot of his ink pads but not any of his or Rangers other products. For the past six months I have been purchasing Ranger and Tim’s products a little each month so as not to hit the credit card hard lol! I’m hoping this year is going to be fun with lots of lovely new techniques along the way. Do you have any plans?

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Die’sire Classiques: Ivy die
Crafters Companion Sara Signature Floral Delight Pretty Petals die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; ink blending tool and foam; paper stumps for blending

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Spectrum Noir Colorista 5” x 7” Colouring Pencil Pad: Butterfly Garden
Glitter paper from my stash
300 gsm card
Snippets: for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Colorista Colouring Pencils: Set 1
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge
Stickles Glitter Glue: Platinum
Embellishments:
Brads from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam


9 comments:

rachel said...

this is really pretty Karen - great colouring xx

Liz said...

WOW! What a gorgeous card, beautifully coloured. xx

Darnell said...

Wow, you have such dynamite skills as a colorist, Karen! I'm so in awe! You've made a brilliant card which I'm sure is even more stunning IRL with all the schparkle! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, you color so well!!! Love how you turned your coloring into a card. Something I have been toying with as well only you beat me to it. lol I love how your card turned out my friend. Keep on coloring! Hugs, Brenda

Carol said...

What a pretty result Karen and beautifully coloured. I'm hoping to find time to sit and work my way through some of the courses I have bought this year! Carol x

Sue said...

This is really pretty Karen, lovely colouring. Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

Helen Haines said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge (week3). Helen DT

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful card and colored so nice! You´ve learned much! As you are planning many crafty adventures this year, I hope to see more from you.
Thank you for joining in our challenge at Country View Challenges this month.
Evelyn xx

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Stunning!
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member