Wednesday, 25 January 2017

An old stamp, NBUS dies and NBUS technique ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. When I saw the photograph inspiration for a particular challenge I just had to play along and here is the end result …

An A5 card
Not too deep but there are lots of layers
The flowers turned out a lot darker than I originally planned
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges

  

It is pure luck that my card fits Darnell’s theme lol!
After I had read Darnell’s post I looked through the photo of the cards I created this weekend and this card is perfect for the optional steganography theme 

 MHK Designs Challenge January Photo Inspiration

Scrapy Land Challenge #59 Favourite Colours: green, pink, red & yellow 
I used Crafters Companion dies 
The Ribbon Girl Challenge January Any Image Challenge


I had some rejected by me drawing and paintings and I didn’t want to waste the card so I turned it over and coloured it with the last of the red and pinks from my old Windsor & Newton watercolour set. Once they were dry I had these lovely pink and red papers ready to be used. Then I saw some of the current challenges and I knew the papers once stamped and coloured would be perfect for them.

I grabbed one of my older stamps, it is my go to stamp when I want to create something with a heart. I think it was the last stamp that I purchased mounted on wood, and I did a quick search to see if the company is still around as this one was purchased in 2005. I didn’t look the date up by the way: it was printed on one side of the wooden block. It turns out that they are lol! I have a far selection of stamps and I know I wouldn’t have so many if they were all mounted! I was very grateful for the move to unmounted stamps lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby range: With Love die
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine: Issue 9
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: coloured card and coloured by me card used for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Windsor & Newton watercolour paints
Spectrum Noir Sparkle: Clear Overlay pen
Embellishments:
WOC Chrysanthemum
From my stash: brads; ribbon
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

8 comments:

Brenda said...

This is a fabulous card Karen! I love that heart and the flowers in the heart. The dies are awesome too that you used. So glad you got to join in the NBUS challenge!! Hugs, Brenda

Monika Gulyas said...

What a beautiful card! I love the big floral heart and your peachy pink flower! Thank you for joining the January challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

MHK Designs said...

Karen, this is lovely! I adore the gorgeous colors and the fun layering! I adore this sweet Valentine! Thank you so much for joining us at MHKDesigns! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Lori Kobular said...

What a pretty Valentine's Day card! Love all the layers and the beautiful colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Craftyfield said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

Judy V said...

Pretty card Karen! Thanks for joining us at MHKDesigns!

Asha said...

What a pretty card, Karen. LOVE the bold heart. Thank you so much for playing along with MHKD and we hope to see more lovely projects from you.
x Asha

Darnell said...

You've made a beautiful and romantic Valentine, Karen! As always, my eyes spend several minutes enjoying all the many, many details! Thanks so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9! And thanks for all your kind get well wishes! I'm doing pretty good! Hugs, Darnell