Sunday, 1 January 2017

House of Cards January 2017 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. I’m back with my first 2017 House Of Cards post today and once again we have a choice for you. You can use either the colour palette or be inspired by the photograph or use both: so there are plenty of options for you. I decided to use both of the themes and to kick start January 2017 with my first 2017 Christmas card, lol, I am so chuffed that I did that and I need to make sure I make one at least once a week from here on in lol! Anyways here is the inspiration photo for you ... 


Add a building or use the colours or both: it's up to you! Here is my card … 

An A5 card, apologies  for the photo - it's difficult to photograph the shimmer
Not too deep
Such a cute scene
This looks beautiful IRL it shimmers and shines beautifully

Luckily for me I can also enter these Challenges
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #118 Anything Goes
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #179 angels or faeries or winter
Scrapy Land Challenge #56 Let it Snow: I used Crafters Companion & Sizzix dies 
Stamps & Stencils Challenge Christmas Wishes
Winter Wonderland Challenge For Someone Special/Happy New Year: this card is for my dad for Christmas 2017: I am determined to make a very early start!


The stamped panel on this card was my first play with Yupo paper/substrate. I purchased Yupo because I’ve read that it works beautifully with watercolour paints as well as Alcohol Inks. Anyways getting back to my scene. On my first attempt I used my Distress re-inkers as watercolour paints along with water. I put the Yupo aside to dry and three days later it was wet so I used kitchen towel to mop up the excess water and Distress ink. One of the great things about the Yupo is that it is re-useable and that’s why I had to have it, I’m going to use it for my watercolour painting, or rather practice watercolour painting on it. Because it’s synthetic you can mop up your mistake and start again, no more wasted watercolour paper lol!

Once the Yupo was dry I used ink blending foam and tool with Distress inks to colour the sky. That worked, thankfully, so now I have to have a little play with Yupo and watercolours &/ inks. I lightly tapped the ink blending tool and foam onto my Distress ink pad and used it to colour the sky, working from the top of Yupo to the bottom. I left it to dry overnight and quickly tested the Yupo the next day to make sure it was dry before I inked the tree stamps with Distress IPs and Spectrum Aqua pens combinations. The Yupo was really wet with ink so I left it a couple of days to dry completely before doing more. It was at this point that I realised I wanted to stamp a house on the landscape too and I was nervous about stamping more onto the Yupo so I stamped the house onto a snippet of white card and adhered in position. I wanted snow and ice, lots of that, so I used texture paste, glitter chips and glitter. Once everything was dry I put it all together.


We’re back home now and Christmas was blooming awesome and lovely but we’re happy to be back in our own home. I have some Christmas present art supplies and Christmas presents stamps that I really really want to play with and I’m practically itching to play with my Alcohol Inks and Yupo lol! Huge apologies if I didn’t get around to visiting you before Christmas, I am trying my best to catch up now as it was frantic here with those wedding invites and getting cards and presents wrapped to take with us too. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Claritystamp Ltd: tree stamp (cabin in the woods set); large larch tree (larch trees & deer set)
Stampin’ Up’: house (not sure which set or how old this is)
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Contemporary Christmas: Merry Christmas
Tim Holtz Thinlits Sizzix die set: Mini Holiday Greens die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; ink blending foam and tool; palette knife; paint brushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Kraft card
A4 Yupo paper
300 gsm card
Snippets: K&Co. Blossomwood paper; red pearl card for the border; Pebeo Dyna Iridescent acrylic paint coloured snippets for die cutting the flourish; white card coloured with AquaTints
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress IP: Red Barn; Peeled Paint; Mowed Lawn
Pebeo Dyna Iridescent: Green Blue; Blue Green
Spectrum Aqua pens: Nature
Liquid Pearls: Ruby Red
Embellishments:
Ribbon, glitter & resin sentiment bubble from my stash (old)
Cosmic Shimmer: Glitter Jewels Chips
Wooden embellishments
Adhesives/Mediums:
Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste; double sided tape


20 comments:

brenda said...

A great card to kick start the new year Karen and what a beauty it is, many thanks for sharing it with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year and thanks for your friendship during 2016.

B x

Gina Knott said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the scene and fabulous design! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Glittered Paws said...

What a beautiful realistic card - great job and I know what you mean when you stated it is card to capture the shimmer in a photo, I had the same problem.

Donna said...

Fabulous scene, like that snow and the berries, adds to an already beautiful card! Happy New Year! Donna HOC Teammate

SARN said...

WOW - that's a stunner Karen.

Thanks for all the lovely comments you've added to my blog today! Very kind.

Wishing you a happy and as healthy as poss 2017.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Brenda said...

Wow, what a beautiful card Karen!!! I love the scene and the color combo. I would like to be in an area that looks just like the scene. lol So beautiful and serene. I bet the sparkle and shine is just so beautiful in person too! Nice job with this challenge Karen! Hugs, Brenda

cohenna said...

Great card, love the colouring.

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love your pretty winter scene, Karen! All the sparkling details are amazing! Have a warm and wonderful 2017!
Michele, HOC teamie

Jules said...

Such a sweet card with your winter scene nice colours
Thank you for sharing with Fussy and Fancy
Best wishes
Jules xx

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Stunning!
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland Challenge blog and Good Luck !
Maryvonne – DT member

MHK Designs said...

Oh, all that texture and shine are FABULOUS, Karen! I love the fun layout, too! Such a gorgeous scene! Here's to a wonderful 2017!!! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Team Clark said...

What an AMAZING scene you've created here Karen! A big wow - perfect balance of color and white and amazing detail! Hugs, Autumn

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful card, I love the layers you created and the scene you have set. Thanks so much for joining in A Vintage Journey Challenge. Tracy x

Leanne Harris said...

What a lovely card Karen with so much going on, you've put so much in to this card - well done! Thank you for sharing it with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges,
Leanne DT.

Pamellia Johnson said...

Absolutely stunning my friend! It's been a wonderful year watching you grow as an artist. I know I don't always have time to comment, but I'm always lurking around in the background being inspired by your creativity! Sending wishes for a belated Happy New Year!! Looking forward to more of your creations in 2017!

Cindy said...

Great card. Love all the glitter. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.

Robin said...

WOW! This is just gorgeous!! I love all the elements you have included! I wanted to let you know the Great Impressions gallery is closed at this time. I don't get the comments in my box so I missed your question. I am not sure if it will reopen. I've been told for now it will be closed. I am new to the team so never had a chance to interact with the gallery. Thanks for visiting us and I hope to see you in the challenges! Hugs, Robin

Christi Conley said...

You have created a really beautiful little scene for the House of Cards challenge! I adore all things sparkly and I can understand your frustration trying to get that photograph! Truly beautiful! Christi, your new HOC teamie

Judy V said...

Pretty card Karen! Love the sparkle!

PLISSA ADD said...

Soo Beautiful Card!!! I love the textures! Hugs! Paula.