Thursday, 19 January 2017

Mixed Media Tag #2 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I did promise a couple of days ago that I would be creating/playing more this year. I’m hoping to be able to create and share on my blog two mixed media tags and one journal page or one canvas each month. I will be continuing my drawing practise, hopefully learning how to draw more and better, practise my watercolour painting skills, play and learning how to use acrylic paints for my drawings too. Plus a couple of cards here and there and that should fill my month completely lol! Anyway here is my second mixed media tag …

Another tag, about 15cm tall
I think it's going to be perfect for adding to a birthday present or a bouquet of flowers
All the yummy details!
I love these new stamps and my Distress crayons lol!
It's a beautiful butterfly die this one
Aren't these little die cuts super cute lol!
I love these WOC flowers and must get some more
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Emerald Creek Dares Bring On The New: Tim Holtz stamps and Distress crayons
Noor Design Challenge January Anything Goes
 Scrapy Land Challenge #58 Favourite Colours: peach, pink, red, yellow  
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Chill Out: I am dreaming of summer 
Simon Says Stamps Work It Wednesday Challenge Make Something New with Something New: Tim Holtz stamps and Distress Crayons


I am most definitely craving spring and sunshine right now as I keep reaching for these colours without thinking! Using a leftover piece of just under A5 size white card I added a layer of water and then orange and red watercolour paints (a really old set that I am trying to finish off). Whilst the card was still wet I layered a piece of cling film onto it and scrunched it up (so that you get those lovely lines on the background). A technique I’ve meant to try but forgetting it. I’ll be making more of these backgrounds in future, lol. I left it to dry then used a pencil to draw around the template and then I cut out my tag.

The background of the stamped panel was created with my new Distress Crayons (thank you to my lovely hubby). It was my first play with them and yes I’ll be using them again soon too. I used a snippet of white card which I coloured with the crayons and once that was dry I inked up the new Tim Holtz bouquet stamps (another Christmas present) with my Spectrum Aqua pens and stamped across the card.

As I had small canvas snippets I used my Simon Says Stamps mini flowers and leaves die to cut the super cute little flowers and leaves. Because canvas sheets are a little more expensive than card I have become very tight with hanging onto those snippets lol! All of the other die cut pieces were created with white snippets or stamped rejects. After I die cut the Downton Abbey doily I added a layer of white Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint (it has given it a lovely pearly look). I die cut the border then coloured it with my Distress crayons. The die cut butterflies were cut from rejected stamped and watercolour pieces.

I wanted more texture so I used both sheer lemon ribbon and white tulle. I added a WOC flower and some Stickles glitter glue and I was finished and happy with this little shot of sunshine on a cold winters day! I hope you all have a lovely week with lots of time doing what you love to do! I’ll be back again soon, hopefully, thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz: Mini Bouquet stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Downton Abbey range: Ornate Circle Frame
Crafters Companion Large Edge’ables border die: Rococo
Simon Says Stamps SSSD111558 mini flowers and leaves die
Magazine two layer butterfly die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Craftwork Cards stencil template; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Snippets: Sheena’s card for die cutting; canvas for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress Crayons Set #1
Spectrum Aqua pens: Nature
Stickles Glitter Glue: Platinum
Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent White Pearl paint
Embellishments:
WOC: Chrysanthemum
From my stash: ribbon; tulle
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam


8 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Another chubby tag and more butterflies. Your spoiling me!! Hugs Mrs A.

cuilliesocks said...

So beautiful Karen, the colours are wonderful, just my kind of shades and your design is brilliant, love all the little details and texture, Kate x

Barb said...

What a beautiful tag Karen. You've used some lovely techniques and the colours are gorgeous. Barbxx

Brenda said...

Oh wow Karen, this tag is stunning! I love the colors you have used on this one. The flower and butterfly is just so pretty. Yes, I agree in that this tag will be so pretty on a birthday gift or flowers!!! But I don't think you need practice, I think you have these techniques nailed down my friend. Hugs, Brenda

Hazel Agnew said...

This isgorgeous Karen love the colours. Thanks for joining in with us at Country View Crafts.

Claudia N. said...

Spring is in the air! Yay!

What a lovely tag this is, Karen!
Love all the textures and the colours you have added to its lovely design!
Thank you for playing along with us at Emerald Creek Dares!

Claudia x

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Gorgeous
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member

Sharon said...

This is such a beautiful tag Karen. Love the colours and embellishments.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design K.
Hugs Sharon. x