Tuesday, 24 January 2017

New stamps ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’ve been playing again with new stamps and here is the end result …

A DL card
Good to post, not too deep even with the big brads
All the lovely details
It's such a simple yet stylish card
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges 
Addicted to Cards Und More Challenge #176 Still Winter 
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge Anything Goes 
Inky Chicks Challenge #77 Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamps Work It Wednesday Challenge Make Something New with Something New: Tim Holtz stamps


I have been meaning to try this technique for a very long time and I finally remembered to try it out just after the New Year. Oh my it is something I will be trying again! I know it’s not an overly fussy card, in fact, to me it’s a bit bare. However, it is ideal for those pesky men, a great way to use old brads, coloured card and an even better way to use multiple snippets!

Using my favourite white card (Sheena Douglass) I grabbed a large paintbrush and loaded the card with a clean layer of water. Once I was sure it was completely damp I added two different blue watercolours to the card and I placed a piece of cling film over the top, adding little pleats here and there and I left it overnight to dry. I removed the cling film the next day and then stamped the London landscape, thank goodness for my Misti, it needed a two or three layers of ink to make sure the landscape was completely stamped. When I purchased this stamp set I knew it would be perfect for the male birthdays and that I could make DL sized cards with it too. It’s been a while since I created a DL card but I do love the long slim look of them. I distressed the edges of the stamped panel and attached it to a piece dark blue card. As I recently re-found my boxes of brads I am trying to use some of them so I attached two large at the top and two small at the bottom. I die cut the sentiment from a snippet red pearl card and I was finished and very happy!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz stamp set: Cityscapes
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Whimsy Stamps: Sentimental Birthday die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Dark blue textured card from my stash
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; red pearl card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: Onyz Black
Windsor & Newton half pan watercolours
Embellishments:
Brads from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums/Other:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam
Cling film

5 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Loving your card Karen. Like the torn edges and the image. Thanks for joining in with us at Country View Crafts.

rachel said...

this is lovely Karen - really fabulous! hugs rachel x

Anja said...

Wow love that skyline :) Great Card!
Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
Anja

Monika Reeck said...

Oh my God
I love this Image and how you tear the paper
great colors too
GREAT CARD
Many thanks for joining with us at Cards und More this time
see you again soon
hugs
Monika (DT)

SARN said...

Great looking card and perfect for the male of the species! xxx