Thursday, 26 January 2017

Winter blues ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well, it’s so cold in the UK right now! I have to let you know that there’s something a little odd about me, lol, since I’ve had stamps and supplies to do so every year after Boxing Day I start to get the itch to create Christmas cards and here is today’s offering …

An A5 card
It has some depth, which is good!
All the yummy details
I do love to create scenes!
  
You can see the three sets of dies I used RHS and a mesh snippet to create a bow
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge #317 Anything Goes optional use a sentiment
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #119 Winter or Spring
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #179 angels or faeries or winter
Scrapy Land Challenge #58 Anything Goes
I used Crafters Companion & Whimsy Stamps dies
Simon Says Stamps Work It Wednesday Challenge Something New with Something New: Tim Holtz Mixed Media dies and Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens
The Ribbon Girl Challenge January Any Image Challenge


Because we were with family over Christmas and my back was too bad once we returned I assumed that I had managed to dodge that itch this year. However it appears that the cold snap in the UK has kicked in my itch to create Christmas cards and it usually carries on right through to the end of February, sometimes in early March. We think it started about ten to twelve years ago and it’s become a bit of a family and friends joke, lol, I have been doing it for that long!

Anyways back to today’s card. I started out cutting a piece of A4 card in half and added a layer of clean water onto the card. I then painted a sunset and added a very light blue wash beneath the sunset. I am trying to use all of my Windsor & Newton half pans up before I start on the new set I received for Christmas. Once the background was dry I grabbed some unused magazine stamps and using my palest green IP to ink up and stamp a line of trees at the back of the scene. Then I stamped another layer of trees using a slightly darker green IP and I did the same with my darkest green IP.

I really enjoyed making this one so I hope you like it. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
A4 sheet of magazine stamp (sorry I can’t remember which)
Sheena Douglass A5 A Little Bit Scenic Ornate Snowflakes stamp set (no longer available)
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Mixed Media set 1 dies
Snowflake is from Crafters Companion Inspiration magazine issue 12
Whimsy Stamps snowflake die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: stamped and embossed card; navy blue card; snippets white card for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Windsor & Newton half pan watercolours
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens: Special Holiday Selection
Adirondack IP: Espresso; Lettuce; Meadow
Distress IP: Pine Needles
WOW EP: Blue sparkle
White acrylic paint
Embellishments:
From my stash: Grosgrain ribbon; Mesh (white bow); glitter
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

13 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely scenic card Karen, beautifully coloured and designed, what a pretty background too, Kate x

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Karen. This is a beautiful wintry scene! I love that you are getting ahead with the Christmas cards - what a great idea.
Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Anja said...

Beautiful Winter scene :)
Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
Anja

Brenda said...

There's nothing odd about creating Christmas cards now Karen, it is smart!!! That way you will have plenty to send when Christmas rolls back around! I love this card and I too love when you create scene's. You are good at it, me not so much. lol Beautiful card my friend. Yes, the cold really makes us hurt doesn't it! Not much sleep here last night as the pain robbed me of sleep. Hugs, Brenda

Beth Brovold said...

A fabulous winter scene that you have created for us...you certainly get the jump on us all by creating your Christmas cards now!! Thank you for sharing this beautifully created card with us at Fussy and Fancy!
Take care,
Beth

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 317 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too x

Ribbon Girl said...

Great Christmas card Karen and thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl January 'use any image' challenge, good luck, Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

Jenny Marples said...

Love that woodland scene Karen and it teams so well with the die cut snowy background. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful winter card, Karen! Especially the diecut background caught my eyes.
Thank you for joining in our challenge at Country View Challenges this month.
Evelyn xx

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful wintry scene!! The colors are fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

brenda said...

Gorgeous card for our challenge this month Karen and well done on getting ahead with the Christmas card, thanks so much for joining in at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

B x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Karen, a really delicate background with a stunning scene. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and have a great week. Sue xx

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow, the card is wonderful. Thanks for joining at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Greetings Carola