Thursday, 16 February 2017

Fussy & Fancy with Kraft & pink ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’ve been playing with my stamps, dies and colouring mediums and here is the end result …

A 148mm square card
This will have to be hand delivered!
I love this new stamp set
You can see the depth here, love it!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #402 Hearts &/ Flowers
Die Cut Divas Challenge Use Pink or Red
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Out of the Cold
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #180 Fussy & Fancy
Scrapy Land Challenge #59 Add Texture: There is texture from the paper lace 
die cuts, the die cut flowers were painted with acrylic paint which I heated 
to get it to bubble and I added some crackle paint to the flowers too.
The banner is a Tutti Design die and the rest are Crafters Companion dies
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Use your favourite tool: stamps!
The Ribbon Girl Challenge February Any Image Challenge


The card/paper used for the doily, the butterfly, the paper lace and the gold matt were pieces of card and paper that were in my snippets box: yay! I had a little die cut session to use them up and coloured the paper lace with the AquaTints Pastel yellow and the butterfly with AquaTints Pastel pink. I stamped the banner onto some paper and used my Colorista pencils to add colour. I am not that happy with the end result this time, but it’s a learning curve and I’m trying not to stress too much about it. After I had die cut the flowers I added a layer of Distress paint to them and left that to dry and then I applied a layer of pink Distress paint and heated that to the point that I got bubbles on the flowers. I then added some more texture to the flowers by using my favourite Distress crackle paint.

Using some very old stash, paper and brads, felt good so I will try to continue doing so when I can, lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Simon Says Stamps stamp set: Spring Flowers
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tutti Designs: Stitched Banners
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; paper stumps; heat tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Decoupage paper; Kraft card
Snippets: various card from my stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Colorista pencils: Set 1
Versafine IP: jet black
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Pastel set
Tim Holtz Distress Paints: Salty Ocean; Fired Brick
Tim Holtz Crackle paint: Rock Candy
Embellishments:
Ribbon and brads from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam


13 comments:

Barb said...

A really beautiful banner card Karen. I love those gorgeous flowers. Barbxx

Maura Hibbitts said...

Beautiful banner, Karen! Love the kraft and pink, and the touches of turquoise carry it! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge this week with your favorite tool! Maura xx

Craftychris said...

It's so gorgeous! Awesome colours! xxx

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous colours and I love those 3d flowers. Another super creation. Hugs Mrs A.

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed card Karen, such gorgeous colours and your blooms are fabulous, Kate x

brenda said...

It's such a beautiful floral creation, thank you so much for joining again in our Hearts and Flowers theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Karen! I love that stamp set and it is on my wish list. I also love those banner dies you used, they are fabulous as well. Love the flowers and butterfly too, they just make the card even more special! Hugs, Brenda

Mervi said...

Beautiful and lovely card Karen, fabulous flowers.
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

Olenkaja said...

Really beautiful card Karen, lovely image and a great design.
Thank you for joining our Scrapy Land Challenge :) Hugs olenka_ja

Caryn said...

Gorgeous card, love this stamp set, fabulous x
Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Suzanne C said...

Pretty and Charming card with so many lovely layers and design! Love the soft pink! Thanks for playing along with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Out of the cold Challenge"!

Team Clark said...

I love this layout so much and the kraft and pink combo, a favorite of mine! What a beautiful fussy and fancy design. (With an artsy edge indeed!) Hugs, Autumn

Jenny Marples said...

Karen this is beautiful! I love the dimension of those warm die cut flowers and the coordinating image you've chosen to layer beneath. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx