Friday, 31 March 2017

Guest Design Team at Fussy & Fancy Challenge #184 Embellish It ...



Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one, nearly the weekend. If all goes to plan this post should go live whilst I'm only half awake, lol. My Indigo Blu butterfly card was the lucky pick to be Guest Designer Team at Fussy & Fancy Challenge #180 Fussy & Fancy challenge so I am on their blog today, yipee, thank you so much, I am honoured and chuffed! Here is the project I created for the current Fussy and Fancy Challenge #184 Embellish It Challenge …

This is a 125mm square chipboard circle
I didn't have to worry about the depth!
Lots of lovely details
WOC flowers were coloured with ink, glitter and splatters of white gesso
There are three flowers underneath this lily!
The texture paste was coloured with Distress ink
A final look

Luckily for me this also fits these Challenges
All Aboard for the Birthday Challenge Celebration

Country View Crafts Challenge Inspired by Tim Holtz
Deep Ocean Challenge Flowers Everywhere
MMW#23 AG optional twist mood board: 
I was inspired by the cold of the blue


 


I used another chipboard circle to adhere strips of book paper onto using matt medium. When dry I added a layer of white gesso using a brayer, to get some texture. When dry I used my Lace Tim Holtz layering stencil and added texture paste through the stencil approximately in the centre of the circle. I left to dry and the next day I dripped alcohol inks onto the circle, adding splashes of alcohol ink blending fluid to encourage the colours to move and blend.  I wanted the colours to look much more blended this time so I used more AI and more ink blending solution.

As the challenge is to 'Embellish It' I was able to use a lot of my embellishment stash. I got to play with my lovely mixed media supplies with chipboard, texture paste and colour lol! I have an inkling that this chipboard circle will be picked by my sister in law to be when I share these with family. I end up making more than I expect to especially these sort of projects so family gets to pick if they want anything from the pile I create every couple of months.

I really hope you'll pop on over to see what the lovely Designers have created, they are a mega talented lot and I am so honoured to have been ask to play along with them. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Lace
Miscellaneous:
Palette knife

Supplies
Card Paper:
Chipboard circle
Old book pages
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Ranger AI's: Stonewashed; Wild Plum; Eggplant
Distress inks: Dusty Concord; Worn Lipstick
Embellishments:
Craftwork Cards: various flowers
Wild Orchid Crafts: lilies
Glitter
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Pebeo matt medium
Maimeri Texture Paste
The Works: white gesso
Collall all purpose glue


12 comments:

Amy A said...

What a pretty hanging! Love the flowers and the texture paste peeking thru from behind them. Thank you for joining us at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge this month and good luck. We sure hope you join us again.

Amy- DT
{Lil Cutie Creations}

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

This is so sweet! The blossoms are really beautiful and thank you for explaining how you did it. Seems that you had so much fun making it Karen! Thank you for joining us at STAMPlorations March Media Challenge and see you again in next challenge Karen.
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team
Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}

Jane said...

Hi Karen, thanks for joining us again over at Country View, what a great plaque you have made...a bouquet of gorgeous flowers. Beautiful! Our new rust challenge is up today and I hope you can join us this month too xx

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello my lovely, I hope all is well with you ?
YAY for the GDT and what a beautiful project you have created, love all the flowers.
Sending you lots of love and hugs xxxx

Beth Brovold said...

Stunning Karen...beautifully designed and embellished!! So perfect for our "Embellish It" challenge...thank you for being our Guest Designer at Fussy and Fancy! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Take care,
Beth

Sara Barker said...

Karen, I am way behind on blog visits, but I saw this in the gallery at A Vintage Journey and had to pop over quickly! This is delightful! I am chuckling to myself; when you see my post later this week you'll know why! Let's just say we went in the same direction with our crafting! So while I'm here, I will say thank you for entering this into our All Aboard challenge at A Vintage Journey and at Emerald Creek Dares Splattering For Fun! Sending hugs and will be sending you an e-mail in the next day or two. (Sorry, I am drowning in e-mails right now!)

Brenda said...

A big congrats on your GD gig Karen!!!! That is so awesome, I know you will be an asset to them my friend. I love your chipboard circle, it is so beautiful, so much texture and 3D elements! I love it and love the color combo. Hugs, Brenda

Torsa Saha said...

Beautiful creation !! Thanks for joining Mixed Media World challenge this month !!
Hugs !!
Torsa

Susanne Rose said...

Amazing work! Thank you for joining us in the STAMPlorations Mixed Media challenge. xx Susanne.

Pammejo said...

Lovely project, thanks for joining us on the Emerald Creek Supplies Dare Challenge Blog.

Team Clark said...

Karen, those layered flowers are tremendous! What a beautiful project. Thanks so much for celebrating with us at A Vintage Journey and our All Aboard challenge. Hugs, Autumn

Maria Lillepruun said...

Very curious creation! Thank you for sharing with us at Mixed Media World!