Tuesday, 28 March 2017

March Mixed Media #3 Tag ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. Before I get to my next project I just wanted to thank you. You have left such awesome comments for me this month and I seriously really appreciate that. I've always felt a little bit under experienced or more likely lacking skills with mixed media. This month I've felt a little less like that, thank goodness, and I now feel a little more experienced and comfortable with my mixed media skills. There are some peeps in particular that always cheer me on, I know who you are and you know that too, lol, but it's been your belief in me that has kept me going: so to many of my lovely followers I want to send a big sloppy thank you! If I could I would purchase you all a lovely bouquet of flowers and send you a card too, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

This month something set my imagination on fire and it is probably all the fabulous ideas for challenges that all of the talented Design Team persons have come up with. I've loved playing with many different products, trying new and old techniques to create in the mixed media style. I'm about to share a tag that has the most distressing/distressed/shabby look to it, love all the layers, the textures, everything, lol, and here it is …

I love playing with my chubby tags and inks and paints
There are so many layers on this
All the yummy details
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
All Aboard for the Birthday Challenge Celebration 
Happy Birthday AVJ this one is especially for you!

Country View Crafts Challenge Inspired by Tim Holtz 
I was so inspired this month using lots of different techniques, layers of colour, layers of product, layers of texture and distressing of everything!
Die Cuttin’ Divas Challenge #310 Anything Goes
Emerald Creek Dares Challenge Splatters
Love to Create Challenge #6 Anything Goes
MMW#23 MM Anything Goes: I was inspired by the Design Team projects. they way they use many layers of texture and many layers of colour: it fires my imagination!



Try It On Tuesday Challenge Botanical: thank you Chris!


The sheer amount of products that I used as well as stamps and dies is amazing. The fact that I created this and am happy with the end result is also amazing to me. I tell you one thing though I loved doing it, loved having many different products out and just going with the flow. New and old products as well as new and old tools and I feel I can finally say that I understand what this mixed media phrase means, well hopefully lol!

I created this chubby tag by using a piece of Sheena stamping card and Distress re-inkers to colour the tag. I dried it with my heat tool and attached a stencil with Washi tape and I put a lot of DecoArt crackle paste on, a lot of it. I left that to dry overnight before moving on to the next step. The background was a little brighter than I what I hoped for so I created an acrylic paint white wash and brushed that over the whole thing. Once dry I used some wax to add colour to the crackles.

The trees were stamped with wood mounted stamps that I won from my blog friend and very talented artist Brenda: thank you huni, it feels good to use them again. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamps:
Art Impressions tree stamp
Hobby Art mini landscape stamp
Clarity Stamp clock stamp
Stencil:
Tando Creative: Random Circles
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue #11 Autumn
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; palette knife

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Rusty Hinge Distress IP
Sepia Archival IP
Brown & Green Brusho Watercolour Crystals
Various Watercolour/Felt Tip Markers
Rub on waxes
Adhesives/Mediums:
DecoArt Crackle Paste
Washi Tape (for attaching the stencil)
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam


14 comments:

Nancy Boyd said...

Wow!! This is absolutely beautiful!! Love all the detail!❤️❤️❤️

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous tag! You clearly had fun making it! Try It On Tuesday's theme this time is Botanical if you would like to link! Chrisx

Brenda said...

First off Karen, I had no idea you felt lacking in the mixed media field! You of all people, it just shocks me! Trust me when I say you needn't feel that way because you are awesome at it! Now me, that is a whole other story. lol But you, no way! Now for your tag, wow!!!! This tag is amazing! I love all those beautiful trees and those leaves. The tag background is amazing as well. How can you look at this beautiful and think you are lacking?!!! Please don't second guess yourself again, but you are great at mixed media!! Hugs, Brenda

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic tag, wonderful details, thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne

Brenda said...

I had to come back here Karen and let you know I know what you are going through. My mother used to say mean things to me making me feel like I was never good enough at anything. Words are hard to forget, but I'm here to tell you that the people who told you, you weren't good enough didn't know what they were talking about! I'm glad to hear that you are going to work on your self esteem and I will be right there beside you and will work on mine too! Big hugs my friend!!! Brenda

pearshapedcrafting said...

So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Marjut said...

Beautiful tag. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

rachel said...

Beautiful work karen. All the layers are just wonderful. Those trees are perfect. Love it all! Big hugs and thanks for joining us at cvc ....rachel xx

Tanja said...

love your attention to detail - thanks for sharing your creation at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge - we hope to see you again soon

A Pink said...

A Lovely tag . All those variations of green are wonderful . Sounds like you enjoyed making this and thank you for sharing it with us at A Vintage Journey . x

Sanna said...

lovely artwork!!! thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations mixed media March challenge!!!

Torsa Saha said...

Beautiful creation !! Thanks for joining Mixed Media World challenge this month !!Hugs !!

Lucyna Marynowska said...

Beautiful mixed media tag! Thanks for sharing it with us other at TioT this time.

Инна Бронникова said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining Mixed Media World Challenge !!