Thursday, 30 March 2017

March Rudolph Day ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I had to figure out when I could schedule today's post, lol. I already have scheduled posts but I have been so creative this month that its going to be a very busy end of month, very unusual lol! Anyway here is the card I have created for some of the current challenges as well as for our box of Christmas cards …

A nice large card, for a change, lol!
It has some depth, but I couldn't add too much because of postage costs, boo!
All the yummy details
The main stamped panel
One of my best purchases last year 
Lovely colours and texture
It's a layered die this one, I don't often use it this way but I love it!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Scrapy Land Challenge #62 Favourite Holiday: Christmas
I used Crafters Companion, Sizzix & Whimsy Stamps dies
Scrappy Mo’s Rudolph Day Challenge
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes


I have to put my hands up and say that I am not sure if I like this Christmas card or not, lol! It was one of my experimental sessions with Distress inks, Spectrum Aqua and Sparkle and the fabric. Whilst I am completely happy with the stamped, distressed pieces, die cuts, texture paste and colours used.

I've just realised that it's the fabric that I'm not sure that I like or not. It's a mesh and I deliberately purchased half a metre to experiment with but, as I said, I'm not sure it has worked, lol, nothing like typing it out and then having a doh response in your brain lol!

However I love this Great Impressions stamp, my Sheena Douglass snowflake stamps, the colours and the little stencil I made myself I absolutely love! In fairness blue and white for Christmas cards is my all time favourite colour mix for Christmas, always has been and will probably always will be.


A quick heads that some of you might like is that Whimsy Stamps have started to have challenges again and that makes me so happy! Enough for now as I have stuff to do in the Craft Room, still so much to sort and to get it exactly how I want but I am making progress, just very slow progress, grr. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Great Impressions 8162 Elegant Berry stamp
Sheena Douglass A5 A Little Bit Scenic Ornate Snowflakes stamp set
Stencil:
I created my own using an old original Sizzix die
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Mixed Media 1 die set
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Contemporary Christmas Merry Christmas die
Whimsy Stamps Layered Snowflake die
Sizzix Original green die Snowflake
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI
Ranger ink blending tool and foam
Paintbrushes & water pot
Acetate (to scribble & drip pens onto)

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
20cm square Card
Snippets: 300gsm white card; blue textured card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pens: primary
Sprectrum Noir Sparkle Holiday set
Tumbled Glass & Faded Jeans Distress IP
Ranger Archival Cobalt IP
Embellishments:
Mesh fabric
Adhesives/Mediums:
Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste
Collall all purpose glue; Double sided tape; Fun foam




14 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I think your card is super. I love the colour and texture. You are always unafraid to try out new ideas and I have to say they always work. Hugs Mrs A.

Whisper said...

Oooo what an absolute stunner, am loving all the texture and thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 326 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too x

scrappymo! said...

Your card looks so arty and lovely! I think it is fine as is. i don't mind the fabric.
Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge

cuilliesocks said...

Super card Karen, lovely colours and texture, Kate x

Chris said...

Stunning card! Beautiful stamping and texture, Love the colour combo and that gorgeous layered snowflake. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' Christmas Challenge.
Chris
x

Teresa Kline said...

hello karen, fun and..luv your distressing and texture! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Stunning !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member

Brenda said...

What a fabulous card Karen! I love the mesh you used, it caught my eye right away so I hope it grows on you too in time! Everything you have used on this beautiful Christmas card works so well together!!! Hugs, Brenda

Judy Corner said...

This is lovely! Thank you so much for sharing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT x

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous Christmas card. Love the unique design. Thanks for sharing it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

Team Clark said...

Hey sweet girl! I'm just so happy to see that you are the winner winner chicken dinner at Scrapy Land!!! Have a blast shopping! Hugs, Autumn

Sara Barker said...

Yippee for Karen! I am soooo excited to see you take the winner's circle at Scrapy Land! My, you have been so busy this month; I can't keep up with all your beautiful projects! This is just lovely and surely worthy of the win! Shop happy! Sending hugs!

Katarzyna Ewa said...

Congratulation Karen! so happy that you win!
Woo Hoo! :D