Wednesday, 22 March 2017

March third sketch'ish ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. Earlier this week I used my Leonie Stamps, a new set of Leonie dies and a new set of Sara Davies dies.
I have the matching stamps but haven't used them, yet, lol, and as I wanted to enter the Spectrum Noir Sketch challenge again I decided to slightly tweak the sketch that my lovely friend Tracy designed. I flipped it on it's side and moved what would be the middle part higher up/to the left and here it is …

An A6 card
Has lovely depth and texture
Lovely flower dies from Sara Davies range and Leonie Pujol
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Dies R Us Challenge #69 Borders &/ Edges 
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #183 Springtime
 Happy Little Stampers Challenge Dies
I was inspired by the sketch and the photograph
That’s Crafty Challenge Bling it Up


Something about this sketch has appealed to me a lot and I wasn't sure what it is was at first but after using it twice as it is I've been flipping it on it's side and adapting it this time. It's a fabulous sketch that is very versatile. You can use it to create something clean and simple or something a little fussier, which is what I decided to do this time.

I'm still trying to use up my big bag of snippets and apart from the card base everything that I used on this card came from my snippet boxes (white card, coloured card and patterned paper). The white banner was left over white stamping card, the Bazzill card was used on another project, the flowers and the doily die cuts are all from snippets tool, a sort of free card, if you like lol!

I stamped the flowers with a Spectrum Aqua pen and then dragged the colour in from the edges on the flowers, the leaves and the stems using a damp paintbrush. Once that was dry it was a little too pastel for my taste so I used my Spectrum Sparkle pens to draw around the flowers, leaves and stems and blending that out and I'm happy with the end result, with the exception of my photographic skills as you can't see the lovely shimmer and shine in the photos. The little bees, so very cute, were stamped with Versafine black and coloured with Spectrum Aqua and Spectrum Sparkle. I am happy with the end result: which is a massive plus!


Apologies for my lack of visits at the moment, I have a lot going on right now as I am trying, once again, to sort out my craft room. At the weekend I filled our large recycling bin and filled three bags of rubbish too. The recycling bin is rarely full, normally over Christmas if we have company. There's still more that I need to sort to either donate, pass on or bin/recycle and I've not even started on my stamps yet

At last though I am starting to see a difference in there and it feels so much lighter and brighter already. I wish I could do a big blitz job and get it all done in a day or two but my back rapidly escalates if I do that so I will keep on doing little and often and hope to be done in a couple of months! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x













Tools
Stamp:
Leonie Pujol Everlasting Love stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion: Downton Abbey Doily die
Crafters Companion: Sara Davies Floral Delight Pretty Petals set
Leonie Pujol: Mixed Media Floral Bursts set
Tutti Designs: banner die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: white stamping card; Bazzill card; 300gsm card; Craftwork Cards patterned paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua: Nature; Primary
Spectrum Sparkle: Holiday set
Black Versafine IP
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

9 comments:

Beth Brovold said...

Oh this is lovely Karen...perfect for our "Springtime" challenge here at Fussy and Fancy!! Thank you for sharing with us!
Take care,
Beth

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Karen!! I love the flowers and the colors!! Gorgeous design!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Di said...

Wonderful card Karen - a real breath of Spring! Beautiful colours and such a lovely design as well.

I'm with you about the craft room blitz - it's like eating an elephant, just a little bit at a time :)

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

FABULOUS snippets card Karen. Good luck with the craft room blitz.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barbara said...

Stunning card! Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
Barbara
Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card!! The flowers are lovely. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Jay said...

Oh my goodness, this is a super cute spring themed card, love the image its so adorable, lovely use of embellishments too!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Fussy and fancy and good luck. Hope to see you in our next challenge!
Cuddles Jay xxx

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

beautiful card, love your new flower dies
thanks for joining us at HLS
Barb Housner (DT)

Susan Renshaw said...

Pretty card!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!