Thursday, 16 March 2017

Please welcome Bluebell ... (extremely photo heavy)

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’ve been playing again, lol, and this time I have tried to incorporate one of my girls with a mixed media background and lots of details on the background and here is the end result …

Bluebell has been attached to an A5 alcohol ink panel
Here you can see the depth
All the yummy ink, paint, crackle, texture paste details
Here's Bluebell
The Prima bubbles and butterflies
  
An air dry clay flower coloured with Pebeo Dyna iridescent and the texture and crackle paste details
The larger butterfly with crackle accents applied
The crackled eyes
Beautiful red crackled lips
This is how the chipboard looked after book pages and AIs had been applied
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #406 Girls/Ladies


All Aboard for the Birthday Challenge Celebration
All Aboard: I used a piece of chipboard to which I adhered book pages
Watered down gesso, Alcohol Inks & texture paste.
The background was inspired by the many artists that have shared AI backgrounds
I wanted/needed more texture so I used a stencil with texture paste 
A full description of how I created this is typed below along with a huge list of all the ingredients is at the bottom of this post.

Country View Crafts Challenge Inspired by Tim Holtz: the AI background
Creative Artiste Challenge #24 Anything Mixed Media Goes

Books: most is covered up

Mixed Media Anything Goes optional twist mood board: 
I was inspired by the cold of the blue and the deep red berries


We Love to Create Challenge #5 Anything Goes


The background on this piece started out as an A5 piece of chipboard. I decided that I wanted to use some old encyclopedia pages to it which I applied with matt medium. Once it was dry I applied a thin layer of gesso and I used a brush because I wanted it to be smooth. Once that was dry I grabbed my alcohol inks and let rip with dots, splashes and splatters of alcohol ink and alcohol ink blending solution until I was happy with the colours on the background.

I used a stencil to add some texture paste. Now my pot of texture paste was more than two years old, I have been stretching it out. Thankfully I now have a couple of new texture pastes. As the texture paste was so runny it was seeping underneath the stencil so I decided to thicken it up. It turns out that adding either Flower Soft or accent beads thicken up texture paste, so happy I've used all of the old and have some new pots lol!

I stamped the Prima butterflies and bubbles onto snippets of coloured card and then fussy cut them out. I adhered the bubbles to the background and added crackle accents to each one. I then attached Bluebell, the butterflies and the crackled heart. I added crackle accents to parts of the butterflies and to Bluebell's eyes and lips, that was an error on my part but I actually love the look now. My hubby thinks it's a bit creepy but I don't mind it lol!

I drew Bluebell with my watercolour pencils and then used watercolour paints and my new Neocolor II crayons. My lovely hubby treated me to some pastel crayons that I have been asking/begging/whining about needing for about two years lol! It was about two years ago I attended a class that was run by the lovely Kim of Paperbabe stamps. I learnt techniques for colouring faces, canvas and backgrounds using multiple mediums. The one medium that stuck in my head was the Neocolor II crayons and I have been trying to save so that I could purchase them but I always needed something, like stamps, stencils, paint, inks, glue etc.

Whilst I was browsing Amazon one day and I found them for a significant reduction my lovely hubby told me to get them because that way I would stop whining about needing them lol! I have to say whatever because I now have a gorgeous tin full of 30 Neocolor II crayons, Now I really need the Spectrum Noir Illustrator pens but I need to wait for a while before I start to comment on how much I need them too. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Prima: Don't Forget to Fly stamp set
Stencil:
That Special Touch of Mica mask: sunray
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue 9 heart die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; Makins push mould

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets:
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Ranger Alcohol Inks: Stonewashed; Stream; Lettuce; Wild Plum; Cranberry; Butterscotch
Versafine IP: Black
Derwent: Tin 12 Inktense watercolour pencils
Caran D'ache: Tin 30 Neocolor II Wax Pastels
Pebeo Dyna Acrylics: Iridescent Blue Blac
Copic fine liner black pen
White air dry clay
Embellishments:
Flower Soft
Accent Beads
Adhesives/Mediums:
Ranger: Glossy Accents; Crackle Accents
Maimeri Texture Paste
DecoArt Crackle Paste
The Works: white gesso
Collall all purpose glue
Pinflair glue gel

10 comments:

brenda said...

It's a really pretty and feminine creation Karen, great artwork and super tactile background, many thanks for joining our Women's Day theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Mervi said...

Fabulous creation Karen, lovely textures and effects.
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

Craftyfield said...

Interesting Mixed Media piece in your unique style but with some of Tim's products! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month.

Tracy Freeman said...

Hopefully this will work (trying via different browser)
This is beautiful lovely, your art is so fantastic and Bluebell is beautiful, I love her cracked lips.
Sending lots of hugs lovely xxxx

Инна Бронникова said...

Fabulous creation, lovely textures and effects. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Mixed Media World!

Lys Scrap said...

Great textures here, and I love the woman feel. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Artiste Challenge.

k.m.meena Herale said...

Stunning work, love the crackle effect in her eyes and lips. beautiful details. Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS DT

Tanja said...

wonderful Mixed Media Creation - thanks for sharing your project at the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge

Carol said...

Gorgeous work Karen, this looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge this time and apologies for being late with my comments. Carol DT x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

What a gorgeous mixed media piece , your face has so much wonderful character. Thanks so much for joining in A VIntage Journey Challenge. Tracy x