Monday, 27 March 2017

Vintage style? ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well. I’ve been playing with new stamps, well they are sort of new, I won them before Christmas but I'm only just getting around to using them and now I have I want to use them again and again, lol, and here is the end result …

An A6 card
This one may have to be delivered by hand
All the yummy details
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #12 Anything Goes
Country View Crafts Challenge Inspired by Tim Holtz:
use of the inks, the layers of colour, the different textures
Deep Ocean Challenge Flowers Everywhere
Rubber Dance Art Stamps Challenge Spring theme 
I've created a vintage style spring inspired romantic card and I used colours, flowers and ribbon to achieve that
The Corrosive Challenge March Anything Goes
The Ribbon Girl Challenge March Any Image


I have a thing about postcard stamps, well about lots of stamps but particularly postcard stamps. I love them and need more! I knew that before I picked these beautiful stamps from Rubber Dance Art Stamps, aka Bibi. I adore postcard stamps like this because they help me to create something vintage style. When I got my box of not yet used stamps out I went straight for this one. And because I'm still trying to channel my inner Tim Holtz I thought the postcard would work beautifully with a Distress ink style background. I coloured this background using my Brusho Crystals, bands of blue, red and yellow and once dry I used another Rubber Dance Art stamp, the mesh, with my new white Distress ink. It's ended up giving the background wonderful depth and gorgeous texture!

Once I had my background piece ready I moved onto the postcard stamp. I stamped it three times onto snippets of Sheena stamping card using a Distress ink pad and then I very lightly sprayed it to make the ink blur. Once they were dry I used a piece of ribbon to make them look like they were kept tied up in a bundle. I used my Distress re-inkers to colour the blooms and then I squished them, lol, to make them a little flatter. I stamped the Love using a black Versafine ink pad and started playing around with the layout.

I attached the background panel to my Kraft card at an angle and then realised that the love would also be at an angle but I didn't mind that lol! I wanted a little of shimmer and shine so I grabbed my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen in gold and gently dripped little dots of gold over the postcards, the background and the Kraft card. 

I added gems that are champagne coloured to finish off and I got to say this is one of my favourite cards this month just because I managed to use darker colours and browns to give it a vintage vibe yet I still love the end result.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Rubber Dance Art Stamps: love; mesh; Vintage Postcard stamp
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Kraft card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Brusho watercolour crystals: turquoise; rose red; yellow
White and Vintage Photo Distress ink pads
Gold Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Blossoms from Country View Crafts
Champagne gems from The Works
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam

10 comments:

Craftychris said...

Lovely vintage style card - gorgeous colours and I am loving the postcard stamp and the pretty flowers. xxx

Carole Wright said...

HI I love this card, it might need a box though, its fabulous xthank you for taking part in our challenge here at Cards Und More x

Shannon Abblitt said...

Wonderful creation! Thank you for entering at the Corrosive Challenge Blog.
DT Shannon x

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Karen! I love those 3D flowers on it and it will be well worth delivering this by hand. I love those post card stamps too! I've been seeing them all over blogland, they are fabulous! hugs, Brenda

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is beautiful Karen! Chrisx

nitisartfromheart.bloggspot.no said...

I love your vintage style card! Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance Everything Spring Challenge.
Hugs, Anita

Sara Barker said...

Karen, this is such a beauty! First I love vintage, and I do love post cards! Your background, though, is my favorite bit! It's gorgeous and almost a shame to cover it up! Sending hugs!

Sue said...

This is really lovely Karen, the depth of colour on your flowers is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Rubber Dance and have a great weekend. Sue xx

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Stunning card, Karen! So glad you're using the stamps you won and the way you've put several postcard stamps together looks really nice!! Thank you for joining our Spring challenge at Rubber Dance once more ♥

Hazel Agnew said...

How gorgeous is this Karen. So unique and inspiring! Thanks for joining in with us at Country View Crafts.