Thursday, 13 April 2017

A new set of stamps ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. My lovely husband gave me some money to purchase two stamp sets from my lovely friend Helen whilst the Stampin' Up Sale-A-Bration was happening and I got to play with one of my new set of stamps and here is the card I created …

An A5 card
Okay to post and one for the male birthday card box!
All the yummy details!
The stamped details: I do love the seaside!
  
The rosette is an ideal embellishment for those pesky men!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #410 Bring on the Bling 
I wish you could see the awesome sparkles from the sunset & on the sea
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge TIMI April Anything Goes
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #122 
Sound of Music or My Favourite Things 
My favourite things are stamping and watercolours to create scenes


Just For Fun
There's a new mixed media challenge blog and I want to play!


Scrapy Land Challenge #63 Anything Goes
Memory Box, Sizzix and Whimsy Stamps dies


 
Spring Colour Inspiration Board I used the colours to create my scene



As always trying to be honest up front I'm not thrilled with some of my stamping but I am loving this new set of stamps and I'm desperate to play with them again. If there is one thing that I love to create as a stamper it is scenes. Landscapes and ocean views are the thing that got me interested in stamping and many years later I have to have stamps that I can create scenes with lol!

I've finally started to feel a bit more confident with my mixed media journey but learning to draw and watercolour as well as paint with acrylics are my journeys of discovery right now. I have dabbled a little with landscapes but there is such a long way to go with them so I'm happy I have my lovely new stamps to play with instead lol!

I will be back soon with another project created with these beautiful stamps, until then thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp &/ Stencil:
Stampin' Up Wetlands stamps set
Tim Holtz Lines layering stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Memory Box: Cheviot Butterfly die
Tim Holtz Sizzix Rosette die
Whimsy Stamps Sentimentables: Birthday die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; palette knife

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: blue card and patterned paper for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary
Primary Spectrum Aqua pens
Clear Overlay Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen
Sepia & Library Green Ranger Archival ink pads
Winsor & Newton old half pan watercolour paints
Peach acrylic paint (for the matt under the stamped panel)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Ranger Transparent Matt Texture paste
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam


15 comments:

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Lovely sunset, Karen! Your new stamps look so nice! I bet you will have lots of fun with them. Thank you for entering our April colour challenge at Rubber Dance ♥

brenda said...

That's really lovely Karen with the intensity and depth of the sun as a backdrop to all the birdies on the headland, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week and also this months theme at Stamping Sensations.

B x

brenda said...

Popped back Karen as I'm not convinced I also thanked you for sharing your lovely creation with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

B x

Leanne Harris said...

Hi there Karen, I love that great big sun on that sunset! You have a clear love of the seaside and this comes across clearly on your artwork here as one of your "favourite things" - well done. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, Leanne DT.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is lovely Karen and this is one of my all time favourite Stampin Up sets. If you're anything like me, you'll be using it time and time again. Your card has such a great depth of colour Karen and that Sun,....I can almost feel the heat from it and I can see the movement in the water too, great work. Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra x

Dora said...

Beautiful sea scene!
Thank you for joining at Stamping sensations this month

Susanne Rose said...

Brilliant work! Thank you for joining us over at the Rubber Dance challenge! xx Susanne.

Viv's Visuals said...

These stamps will prove to be really versatile for you! Lovely card and Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

Sara Barker said...

Karen, hmmmm, I just lost a bit of my comment! I bet these stamps become your favorites! What a beautiful beach scene! I can almost hear the surf crashing and the gulls calling! Thank you for sharing this with us at Scrapy Land for our Anything Goes challenge theme. Hugs!

ionabunny said...

Love this scene. Love the birds round the lake. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Yvonne Garner said...

You did a fabulous job creating this seaside scene, I especially love all the seabirds! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge!

Sherrie K. said...

What a gorgeous card! The background is just beautiful and so peaceful looking. Such a wonderful design!
Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Scrapy Land, Hope to see you again.
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous card Karen! Thank you for joining us at our 'Just For Fun Challenge' at Mix It Up Challenge Blog. We hope to see you again.
~DT Sherry x

Brenda said...

How sweet of your hubby to give you money to buy two stamp sets!! He is a keeper Karen! lol I love your card, it is so beautiful. I love the rosette in the corner and I love those word dies. Your scene is just stunning! Hugs, Brenda

Leslie said...

What a wonderful project! Love all the detail! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Mix It Up Challenge Blog's "Just For Fun" challenge! Will be looking forward to seeing you again when our regular challenge line-up begins on May 1st!
Hugs,
Leslie, MIUCB DT
Love To Scrap 2