Thursday, 20 April 2017

April Mixed Media Journal #1 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I had a sudden realisation that I forgot to create and post a MM journal page in March. So this is my March Mixed Media Journal page lol! I decided that I wanted to create a page that encompassed both my current mixed media journaling and my watercolour journaling journey. Also I'm trying to gently steer myself away from my obsessive need to use floral stamps right now. So this was a good project to distract me. I used watercolours, acrylics and stamps in my journal and here is the end result …



An A5 page for my journal
Yummy ink and paint plus a sentiment: yay!

A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Aud Sentiments Challenge #178 Use a Stamp For You Sentiment
Creatalicious Challenge #113 Anything Goes optional Birthday
Love to Scrap Challenge LTSCB#96 Anything Goes
Just For Fun
MMW#2Anything Goes optional twist: watercolour



I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to lightly draw the scene and then I coloured it with a mixture of my Spectrum Noir AquaTints and the Aqua pens. Once I was happy with the landscape I decided that I wanted to also add a stamped sentiment but I didn't want to stamp directly onto my watercoloured scene because I was worried I'd royally screw it up! So I stamped the sentiment and then I took the decision to enrich the colour of the tree trunks, which required a light brown acrylic paint. I am, unusually, pretty happy with the end result. I must try creating trees like this again, I love the texture I achieved on the trees and the lovely colours too.

Just four photographs and a really quick post, lol, that's not normal but I am up to lots of stuff right now so that explains it! I'll be back in a couple of days with some more projects and, yes, they will have flowers on them. Thank you so much for taking the time to and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz Nature's Moments stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
My Pink Pig A5 watercolour journal
Snippets: card for stamping the sentiment
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Nature & Primary Spectrum Aqua pens
Bright & Beautiful and Perfectly Primary Spectrum Noir AquaTints
Acrylic paint: brown
Versafine jet black IP
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue


10 comments:

Heather said...

Wow!! What an awesome scene! You are quite the artist; those trees are pretty fabulous! And I like how you did the sentiment; I, too would have been afraid to stamp on such a lovely background and risk messing it up! Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

Cara said...

Great journal page. Cara x

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious, good luck!!! Amy DT

Catherine said...

I adore this journal page. It's so peaceful and serene and the trees, sky and sunset are gorgeous! Wonderful words to live by too! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Brenda said...

Wow! This is so beautiful Karen!!! I love the scene you have created, those trees are most beautiful and I am in love with them. I love your sunset as well but it is that sentiment that is amazing and one we all should live by! Hugs, Brenda

Furrbster said...

This is really brilliant!

Thanks for sharing your inspiring project with us at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

SARN said...

Totally awesome card with that gorgeous sentiment. Top marks xxx

Sandy How said...

Wonderful journal page. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful page Karen! Thank you for joining us at our 'Just For Fun Challenge' at Mix It Up Challenge Blog. We hope to see you again.
~DT Sherry x

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional birthday” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…