Thursday, 27 April 2017

April Mixed Media Journal #2 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I got my mixed media journal up to date with an earlier post and now I've managed to get this month's MM journal page completed too! Here it is …

I finally got another page finished before the end of the month!
Lots of lovely mixed media goodness
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Creative Artiste Challenge #25 Anything Mixed Media Goes
Emerald Creek Dares Challenge Double Duty
I used a stencil and stencil paste not in the 
traditional way so it does double duty
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Put Your Inking Cap On
Love to Craft Challenge LTCCB#9 April Anything Goes
Love to Create Challenge #8 Mixed Media Anything Goes
Love to Scrap Challenge LTSCB#96 Anything Goes
April: I was inspired by the yummy pink ice cream and the beautiful shades of blue


The left hand side of the page was a white snippet which I coloured with Brusho Crystals, watercolours for those that don't know. I had planned to use it as part of one of my tags but because I hadn't played with my Brusho's for a while I was way, way, way too heavy handed with them. The card is deep rich blue, deep rich purple and deep rich red! Way too strong for a background piece so into my possible journal backgrounds folder it went.

The right hand side came about because after I removed my Tim Holtz Lace Layering stencil from another project, I had applied lovely texture paste to that project, and I noticed there was a nice layer of texture paste still on the stencil so I grabbed another white snippet and lightly pressed it into the texture paste. I left that to dry and then I coloured it with Distress paints. I got to do that again! It has yummy texture and depth and my use of three colours (blue, red and purple) is yummy colour mixing that I will be doing again too!

I grabbed a final white snippet that I stamped the beautiful orchid onto using a pale pink Spectrum Aqua pen. I dragged the colour out with a damp paintbrush. Once dry I went back in with the Spectrum Aqua pen and added some of the detail back. The dark snippet on the left hand side was a little too flat for me so I covered the area with a stamp that looks like hessian. Glued it all together and to say I am happy is an understatement lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x














Tools
Stamp:
Rubber Dance Art Stamps
Stampendous Orchid stamp
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Lace layering stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Snippets of Sheena Douglass white stamping card
A5 Pink Pig Journal
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Blue, Red & Purple Brusho Watercolour Crystals
Salty Ocean & Picked Raspberry Distress paint
Ranger Archival Blue IP
Worn Lipstick Distress IP
Spectrum Aqua pen
Adhesives/Mediums:
Maimeri Texture Paste
Collall all purpose glue


8 comments:

Lucy said...

That stamp is beautiful with the background. Lucy

Leslie said...

Love this! Your attention to detail is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's "April Anything Goes" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, LTCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2

Sara Barker said...

Another beautiful journal page! Love the colors and that blossom is a gorgeous image! Thank you for sharing at Emerald Creek Dares Double Duty challenge, too. Hugs!

Andree said...

A super journal page. You've used great techniques and mediums.
Thank you for joining in with our April challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

Amy A said...

Beautiful Journal Page. Love the focal image with that stunning background. Thank you for joining us at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge this month and good luck. We sure hope you join us again.

Amy- DT
{Lil Cutie Creations}

Suzanne C said...

Lovely rich colors and stunning flower. Thanks for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkies "Put on Your Inking Cap" challenge.

Susanne Rose said...

Wonderful work! Thank you for joining us over at STAMPlorations. xx Susanne.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Those inky backgrounds are the perfect foil for your lovely iris! Great use of color! Thanks for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Put on Your Inking Cap" Challenge!