Tuesday, 25 April 2017

April Mixed Media Tag #2 showers, flowers and rust ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well. I had another attempt at creating a project using the process that was on the Frilly & Funkie Blog, by Cec, here, and here is the end result …

I am happy with the end result, apologies for the white glue still be visible
I finished this last night and had to photograph it then lol!
Thankfully I don't have to worry about postage
All the ink, watercolour and other supplies close up
You can see some of the rusty Distress ink stamping
 
Loads of snippets and gorgeous die cuts & I love the Liquid Pearls texture
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
A Vintage Journey Challenge Magical Three's
Die cut the flowers 3 times; added 3 flowers; made of 3 layers;
3 gems were used; 3 twine lengths to create the bow;
3 butterfly die cuts from 3 different DP/PP;
Three dies were used to create embellishments
(flowers from 1 set, berry branch & butterfly from 3 brands);
Three DP/PP on the tag (not including my stamp or stencil layers);
3 Distress Stain colours; 3 Spectrum Aqua pens for inking the stamps

Allsorts Challenge I spy with my little eye:
Blossoms, Bow & Butterflies
Rusty Hinge Distress Stain was used to create layers of rust
Deep Ocean Challenge Spring

 Double D Challenge Silhouettes:  
I have checked and it appears that silhouettes don't have to be black

Frilly & Funkie Challenge April Showers
I used my raindrop stencil and Broken China Distress Stain to create my showers 
Scrapy Land Challenge #64 Spring Blooms
I used Crafters Companion, Sizzix & Couture dies


 


I felt the urge to create a second April Showers Bring May Flowers and rust project and I wanted to try the technique using my chubby tag template as the starting pad and incorporating some of the things I love to create with. As I mentioned above Cec's post on Frilly and Funkie especially appealed to me in part because I have old designer papers that I am trying to use up. That reminded me of my 2013 Use it Up pledge and I explained that to hubby. He hadn't realised that I have stuck to my self imposed promise not to purchase new DP/PP until I have used 90% or more of what I already have. I can honestly say here that I have kept my pledge with the exception of Christmas PP, I ran out in 2015 and I purchased one 12" square pad and I am trying to use that up too lol!

I incorporated several PP snippets which would not have usually worked together but some Rusty Hinge Distress Stain took care of that lol! With the exception of the tag substrate everything that was added to this tag were from my snippets bags.

I originally inked up the silhouette flower stamps Rusty Hinge and stamped the flowers in the background. But I blended them out too well so I stamped the images again using Spectrum Aqua pens. I used another white card snippet and attached the raindrops stencil to it and used Tumbled Glass Distress Stain to create delicate raindrops.


Once all the elements were prepared and ready to go I had a play with positioning them and eventually found the look above which I am happy with. It was fun to reminisce with hubby as well as remind him what a good crafter I've been trying to use stuff up lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz Mini Bouquet stamp set
Stencil:
Stamplorations Teardrop Stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Memory Box Cheviot Butterfly die
Sara Davies Floral Delight Collection Pretty Petals die set
Tim Holtz Mini Holiday Greens die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; spray water bottle

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; patterned papers
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress Stains: Rusty Hinge; Tumbled Glass
Nature and Primary Spectrum Aqua pen sets
Ranger Perfect Pearls Pearl
Embellishments:
Bakers Twine from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Ruby Red Ranger Liquid Pearls
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam


15 comments:

brenda said...

What a gorgeous fusion of colour Karen and lots of 'B's going on as well, many thanks for joining in our 'I sky' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

butterfly said...

I love the bold colours, and all the layers give it great movement, making this a really exciting card.
Alison x

Kathleen said...

Beautiful tag, gorgeous colours and a great design.
Thank you for joining our 'I Spy' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Donna Phelan said...

Such a beautiful tag! I love your water colored garden! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! i love your beautiful garden on the tag! Thanks for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful designed creation, very creative, for our current challenge, lovely colours too...hope to see you next challenge.. Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

Darlene said...

WOW I love what you've created here! So colorful and happy! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Silhouettes’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

SARN said...

Hi Karen, dropping by 4a visit to see what you've been up to! This tag is really pretty. V colourful xxx

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Beautiful Card !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member

Sari / Granne said...

Gorgeous tag, love the details and beautiful stamped panel. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations Mixed Media challenge this month, I hope to see you again in May.

Lori Kobular said...

This is such a great tag! I love the flowers! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Team Clark said...

Oh Karen, this is such a gorgeous tag! Love that inky stamped section and your gorgeous layered flowers. We are so happy to see you sharing with Scrapy Land. Hugs, Autumn

Hazel Agnew said...

This is truly delightful Karen! A real treasure. Thanks for joining in with us at Country View Crafts.

MariLynn said...

Love the watercolor look of the florals. They look great with the dimensional flowers and butterflies. Thanks for sharing with the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge.

Jenny Marples said...

This is a wonderful design Karen! Loving the watercolour look. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey (and at Frilly and Funkie) xx