Sunday, 23 April 2017

Magical Pink ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. I’ve got several new stamps but I wanted to play with an older tested stamp and try some different techniques with it and here is the end result …

I love the end result this time!
I'm already planning to CASE this into a canvas
I'm going with the flow now and using flowers whatever the end result
I added gesso onto a card and then inked the stamp with Spectrum Aqua
 
I've also fallen in love with my new'ish flower dies
I'm really happy that two different styles of font have worked too
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges 
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenge #113 Anything Goes optional Birthday

MMW#24 MM Anything Goes optional twist: watercolour

Scrapy Land Challenge #64 Spring Blooms 
I used Crafters Companion, Sizzix & Winnie & Walter dies


I had part of white card that I had gesso some time ago in the snippets box so I grabbed that and started to play with it along with my Spectrum Aqua pens and I had so much fun playing with this old stamp and newer dies. I started out by inking up the stamp with pink and green Spectrum Aqua pens and then stamped it twice onto the white gesso card. I left it for a few moments and then lightly used my Spectrum Noir Sparkle Clear Overlay pen over the pink first and then the green. I then grabbed my Spectrum Noir Sparkle Gold pen and scribbled that onto a piece of acetate and I used a damp brush to colour the centre of the stamped flower.

I grabbed another piece of white card and lightly sprayed the stamp with water and stamped it across the card using the same stamp, not inking it up again, second and third generation stamping by spraying the stamp with water which covered some of the piece of A5 for the background. I repeated the process by inking with the Aquas and stamped onto another area of the white gesso card and did second and third generation stamping and finished the background.

Once again I ferreted through my snippets box and die cut white card, coloured card and patterned paper too. I had a real good blitz on my snippets pile so that I could add lots of lovely die cut flowers and embellishments to this card. The hardest thing was working out the layout so that it would look right and not a hot mess lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x












Tools
Stamp:
La Blanche stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion ranges:
Downton Abbey: Ornate Circle Frame
Leonie Pujol: Floral Bursts mixed media dies
Sara Davies: English Country Garden Floral Duo & Pretty Petals dies
Sizzix original die: Fabulous
Winnie & Walter Happy die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
A4 white card
Large snippets: A6 Sheena Douglass white stamping card for stamping; A5 background
Small snippets: pink pearl card; hot pink card; white card; patterned paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Nature Spectrum Aqua pen set
Special Holiday Spectrum Noir Sparkle set
Embellishments:
Gems, pearls and ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam



12 comments:

rachel said...

this is so pretty Karen - I love the layering. Gorgeous pretty colours too! Hope you are ok sweetie! Big hugs rachel x

Anna-Karin said...

Such a beautiful card! Love all the flowers and layers. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Lynne K said...

This is gorgeous, Karen. Lovely colours. I can see it would work well as a canvas. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Karen. Love all the different layers and textures. Great use of lots of your snippets too. xx

brenda said...

A super creation and so much dimension and texture Karen and always love pink, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Viv's Visuals said...

A really pretty creation Karen. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

Di said...

Wow Karen -this is just stunning! So much to look at, yet it all looks such a beautiful 'flow' if that makes sense. Love this card - ha, being pink is also a bonus :)

Great to see you in the Playground again!

Hugs

Di xx

Sara Barker said...

Karen, this is DELIGHTFUL! I love your flowers and the design is just perfect! I'm in love with those little mixed media flowers bursts tucked in there and oh, that circle frame! You've got me lusting over these! Great idea to pop up Happy and some of the flowers, giving this card even more punch! Love it, can you tell? Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrapy Land in 'Spring Blooms'! Hugs!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful and wonderful birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious
Tina dt

SARN said...

WOW, this is sensational. Stunning creation. Lots of interest xxx

Jackie C said...

Thank you so much for entering at Creatalicious, please visit us again! Jackie DT member.

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional birthday” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…