Sunday, 30 April 2017

Two Christmas Cards ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. Along with my pledge to create more mixed media tags and projects I'm also trying to make sure that I get at least one Christmas card created each month and here is my first April Christmas card …

   
An A6 card, good to post!
A final look

I would like to enter Card One into these Challenges
Love to Craft Challenge LTCCB#9 April Anything Goes
Love to Scrap Challenge LTSCB#96 Anything Goes
Winter Wonderland Challenge Sparkle &/ Bling

And here is my second April Christmas card ...

  
Another A6 card, good to post too!
All the details
A final look at this one

I would like to enter Card Two into these Challenges

Crafting by Designs Challenge Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Fab n Funky Challenge #348 Christmas


I used a lot of small white stamping card snippets, coloured card snippets and the last of one of a patterned paper snippet, made a lovely border with that one. I also several old embellishments too, always a bonus, and now have a couple more Christmas cards made which is a bigger bonus. I have deliberately glued down every layer, I only used foam pads beneath the sentiment on the robin card as it didn't look right. I really don't like that I have to do this, blooming post office, but the post and packing is horrendous if they the cards are deep and I'd rather spend that money on presents for the family lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Robin Claritystamp Ltd
Stag a Magazine freebie
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Spellbinders elongated scallop rectangles
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; coloured card snippets; patterned paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Black Versafine IP
Watercolour pencils
Embellishments:
Craftwork Cards sentiment
Stickers are from a kit my mum purchased me over five years ago
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam

11 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Two lovely cards, Karen. The stag card you entered at Rudolph Days is lovely. Stags are so popular over here. I see them on cards, ornaments, table runners, etc!

Your stag is lovely and plavced on such a beautiful background. All inky and gorgeous...

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge

PS I found some really thin pop dots. They are wee squares...really teensy...and they saila through the post office depth allowance. 'in fact I can build three layers of pop dots and they still make it threw the depth tester!

Liz said...

Two lovely Christmas cards. My favourite is the one with the robin, the robin is just so cute. Thank you for joining in the Rudolph Days challenge this month. Good Luck!
Liz - Guest Designer xx

rachel said...

two really lovely christmas cards Karen! Brilliant makes! Hugs rachel x

samantha's cards said...

Great card, thanks for playing along with us at CCC.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Both images look so good but the robin is simply adorable !!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

Neva Zver said...

What a lovely two cards . Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky challenge.Neva

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 331 - hope to see you again soon x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 331 - hope to see you again soon x

Cara said...

Two fab festive cards. Cara x

Kath said...

Lovely cards, especially the robin card with the added sparkle. Thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Kath x

Donna Idlet said...

Nice cards. Thanks for playing along with Christmas Card Challenges.