Thursday, 18 May 2017

A piece for my craft room ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I had to get my Altenew Stamps out to play with so that I could enter the Altenew Challenge as well as some other challenges and here is what I managed to create with acrylics, embossing powders, snippets and watercolours …

 
It's about 22 cm tall and 17 cm wide
All the yummy details
The stamped, embossed and coloured details
The flower with the sisal, love this stuff lol1
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges

Artistic Stampers Challenge May Floral Fantasy 
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge TIMI Anything Goes 



I had quite a few large snippets of Kraft card left over from Bethan and Luke's wedding invitations and I decided to use them to create a piece that I could see in my craft room. My hubby isn't keen on Kraft so I wanted to create something just for me to remind me of my beautiful stamps and tools. I die cut two borders from the first two Kraft snippets and then adhered one to the other. I left them to dry then I trimmed a piece of A4 Kraft card in half and attached the die cut border between them, basically I created a Kraft sandwich lol!

I grabbed another snippet (Sheena's white stamping card) and I stamped and embossed (white EP) the flowers randomly across the card. I then used Spectrum Noir AquaTints to colour the background and I put it to one side to dry completely before I started to colour the flowers. I have, in the past I've coloured the flowers straight away. But I am a bit heavy handed when watercolouring so I left the background to dry overnight because I didn't want any water or paint to colour the flowers green. The next day I coloured the flowers and put the piece of card aside to dry.

The background ended up being much brighter than expected so I decided to add a layer of vellum/parchment paper to diffuse the background and the bonus was that I could stamp and emboss several words that appeal to me. The parchment also toned down the green and as I don't currently own any Altenew sentiment stamps I used one of my Simon Says Stamp sets to stamp 'Amazing, Crazy, Fabulous, Happy' words with Versamark and a second embossing powder colour, Verdigris, the words are there to remind me:

Amazing: life live it and enjoy it
Crazy: in love with my husband and art
Fabulous: I have a small yet fabulous family
Happy: these are all the things that make me Happy, lol!

Yes I'm a nutty fruitcake at times too.

I stamped and heat embossed multiple flower images onto really small snippets of Sheena's stamping card with a third embossing powder and I coloured them with my Spectrum Aqua and Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens. Once dry I fussy cut my snippet flowers out and started to play around with the layout and added embellishments, whether they are my own or ones that I have die cut. I didn't manage to photograph any of the shimmer and shine from them. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x












Tools
Stamp:
Altenew: Whimsical stamp sets
Simon Says Stamp stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Die'sire Large Format Edge'ables Rococo Die
Sara Davies Floral Delight In Bloom dies
Tim Holtz Thinlits: mini greenery
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Kraft card
Pergamano A4 paper
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pens: Floral set
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens: Special Holiday set
Pebeo Dyna: Blue Green & Black Blue (used for colouring one of the die cuts)
WOW Embossing Powder: Hot Pink, Verdigris
White Embossing Powder
Embellishments:
Dragonfly brads and large HOTP brad from my stash
Eyelets from my stash
Ribbon from my stash
Live & Love Crafts Natural Sisal
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam

7 comments:

Cara said...

Very pretty, love the frilly border. Cara x

Di said...

Really beautiful Karen! LOVE the colours you used as well. I did giggle about the Kraft - Len things it looks like brown wrapping paper, men!

Hugs

Di xx

Lin said...

Really pretty, Karen; I especially love the lacy cutout under your flowers! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Emma Williams said...

This is so pretty and I love how you've used the flowers to frame the wording! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Claire-Louise Garland said...

So pretty and girly, its lovely. I like the sisal which adds a real fun element to it :)

Sue said...

This is so pretty Karen, I'm a great fan of kraft card, and this looks fab with the die cut panels. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Country View Crafts and have a great Sunday. Sue xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for joining us at The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge