Saturday, 20 May 2017

For our home ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. I’ve been practising using my Spectrum Aqua pens and this is the end result …

It measures roughly 22 cm x 26 cm

At least I didn't have to worry about the depth for a change lol!
All the details
There are pale areas on the flowers - from the Spectrum Sparkle pens
Lots of lovely texture from all the embellishments
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Creative Artiste Challenge #26 Mixed Media Anything Goes


I was especially inspired by the blue and the flowers 
And I added a pop of yellow with the sun


I didn't start out with the idea of creating a canvas/hanging for our home, it just evolved, lol, and the mister has told me in no uncertain terms that this one is not going anywhere, he wants us to keep it and display it. I've trained my husband to critique my projects and it's taken me a couple of goes to get this right and it's had a few different looks until I felt I had nailed it and when he saw how I had changed it he loved it, as I said I have trained him well, lol! I knew the first two incarnations weren't quite right and that tends to be when I ask him for a second opinion. He can usually find the fault before I can which is good, he has learnt well lovelies!

I used Sheena's white stamping card which I coloured with AquaTints to create a sunset and landscape. Once that was finished I grabbed the silhouette flower stamps and inked them up with the Spectrum Aqua pens and created a garden of flowers. I put that to one side and that was then I decided to create a home decor project. I have sheets of chipboard so I cut one of those down and added two layers of acrylic paint to it. I decided that I didn't want to add texture paste anywhere on it as I wanted to use lots of flowers to decorate it. I attached a length of lace to the top and some ribbon so that we can hang it. Once that was dry I grabbed my box of flowers and started to embellish. Simples lol!

I am very glad that I took the time to reinforce the way that I use the Spectrum Aqua pens to stamp beautifully coloured flowers and I am also very glad that I got to use some of my hoard of flowers too, lol! I hope you like it as much as we do. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x













Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A6 Silhouette Wild Flowers stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Chipboard
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Nature and Primary Spectrum Aqua pens
Pastel Spectrum Noir AquaTints
Imagination Crafts pale blue acrylic paint
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts: Chrysanthemums, Sweetheart Blossoms, Pearl & Regular Stamens
The Ribbon Girls: White Starburst Stamens, White Ruffle Edge Sheer Ribbon & White Maisie Cotton Lace
Sisal fibres (from Live and Love Crafts which has sadly closed)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam

6 comments:

Macarena said...

Very pretty scene and I love all the spring flowers. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Montana-Hens said...

Really love the stamped design

Diana @ Playing
https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

Cara said...

Love your watercoloured flowers. Cara x

Craftyfield said...

Beautiful make! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

Monika Gulyas said...

What a beautiful floral project!!! I love your flowery meadow landscape!!! Fabulous chosen colours!!! Thank you for joining the May challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!!!

Judy McKay said...

Great canvas. Love those flowers. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT