Monday, 1 May 2017

House of Cards May 2017 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well. I’m back with my House Of Cards post today and for this month once again we have a choice for you. You can either use the colour palette or be inspired by the photograph or use both – lots of options for you and here it is ...


I created a card using the colours and the sequins and here it is …

I created a 12 cm square card
It has some depth but will go through the post
All the yummy details
Such a pretty border
This velvet paper is very old!
A final look

Luckily for me I can also enter these Challenges
Cards-Und-More-Shop Blog #11 Anything Goes/Celebrate

Creatalicious Challenge #114 Anything Goes
 optional for the girls/mum's
Sound of Music/My Favourite Things: 
landscapes and using flower stamps
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #186 Anything Goes


When I saw the inspiration photograph I knew what I wanted to create but I wasn't sure if I had the right stamps at the time. Well my purchase from last years Black Friday sales was a perfect fit with the bonus that I actually used the stamp set for the first time on this card.

I used my Distress stains to create a sky and a pale field of green. I sprayed it with water then held the card at an angle. Once I was happy with the colour on the back ground I dried it and then grabbed my mini bouquet stamp set. I inked up the flowers and stems stamped them onto the card. Once I had added all the flowers I wanted I sprayed the card with water and to let the paint bleed out. I dried it again and I had achieved the lovely soft blended background. I then started to make the card up ready to photograph and the next day when I did that here is what I saw through our camera lens ...

The colours had spread out so much that I couldn't see the stamping and I had made up the card, doh! I was going to start again and then thought well maybe I can fix it especially as I have a MISTI which makes it so much easier for me to stamp. So I put the card into the MISTI and put one of the stamps in and inked it with my Spectrum Aqua pen and stamped. Oh my it worked! Yay for MISTI! I also had an epiphany with how to get a good solid image with my Aquas. Once I stamped the image I very lightly sprayed the stamp with water and stamped again. It gives a lovely solid image but I need to remember not to be too heavy with the water! Do you see the theme here, I am very heavy handed whatever I do lol! I am so happy I had such an error because now I know how to fix it lol! I love the end result and will be doing more of this type of stamping and, hopefully, soon.

I do hope you all will come on over and join us. It's a beautiful choice of colours and if you haven't got sequins you can use the colours or just use sequins. I, as always, had to do both, but I was careful not to over sequin it as I am heavy handed with embellishments. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz Mini Bouquet stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue #8 winter 2015 border die
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue #6 spring 2015 flower die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; spray bottle of water

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: purple velvet paper and lilac pearl card (die cutting)
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Nature & Primary Spectrum Aqua pen sets
Distress Stain: Broken China; Salty Ocean
Embellishments
Ribbon & Sequins from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam

7 comments:

Merethe Arstein said...

Bold colors and fun card.

(✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Arlene said...

Very creative. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

brenda said...

Beautiful stamping and inking and such intensity of colour Karen, many thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

B x

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty and true watercolor look - love that you used your Misti in a unique new way. Shirley Teammie

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card. Love the rich colours and pop of sequins. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday. Pat K x

Alexandra said...

Love this bright colors! Such a beautiful card!
Thank you for playing along with Cards und more challenge!
DT Alexandra

Cindy C. said...

The flowers are so beautifully stamped!! Love those colors! Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Divas.