Wednesday, 3 May 2017

Older stamps ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I have quite a lot of snippets at the moment so I decided to grab an older set of stamps, some of my paper stash and to have a play to see if I could create something distressed and this is the end result …

 
An A6 card that has eight coloured card/paper layers before the stamped image, then there are the die cuts so I don't know why it looks so narrow lol!
The lovely stamps and AquaTints
Loads of die cuts and some of the splatters are a little more visible
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Creatalicious Challenge #114 Anything Goes 
optional for the girls/mum's
Dies R Us Challenge #72 Flowers
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #186 Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge #65 Anything Goes
I used Crafters Companion Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby range, Crafters Companion Die'sire die and Joy Crafts dies


This was a quick card to create because I stamped and heat embossed the dandelion heads and then used my Pastel Spectrum Noir AquaTints to colour around and behind them. I left that to dry whilst I hunted through my snippets bag and found some patterned paper that I could use and be happy to distress.

Once the stamped panel was dry I very lightly splattered water onto the panel, you can just about see that in my photographs, I was a little too gentle with my paintbrush. I have ordered a speckling brush and I hope that’s going to help me get more consistent results. Once the panel had dried I used my Tim Holtz distress tool on all of the edges: great for stress busting that is lol! 

Several snippets got used for the die cutting. Then I put it all together: simples lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Personal Impressions
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Butterfly Lullaby: Flit & Flutter
Crafters Companion Die’sire Christmas Classiques: Ivy die
Joy Crafts 6002/0025 flower die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: plain coloured cards/papers; Crafters Companion Kraft and Sheena Douglass card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Pastel
Clear EP
White acrylic paint for splattering
Embellishments:
Brads from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP
Ranger Glossy Accents
Collall all purpose glue

16 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, so pretty! I love the distressed edges and wonderful background! The tones are beautiful ! The flowers and foliage cluster are spectacular in the corner!
Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Scrapy Land~hope to see you again:)
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very pretty, thanks for playing at a gem of a challenge. Please link our challenge on your post. I have a little giveaway on my blog,

Di said...

Love card Karen, such pretty colours, flowers etc. and I do love the distressing. Or should that be DEstressing? :)

Hugs

Di xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely fabulous card Karen, beautifully designed and coloured, such pretty images too,Kate x

Helene E said...

Simply lovely! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck in the challenge.

SARN said...

Totally amazing layered and distressed card here Karen.

Hugs, Sarn x

Sara Barker said...

Karen, your background is so pretty! I love the embossing and splattering! I have found my splatter brush gets very little use; I tend to use a fine paintbrush and don't make as big a mess. I can't tell you how many clothes I've ruined!

While I'm here I'll say thank you for joining Scrapy Lands's Spring Blooms challenge with your lovely artwork. Hugs!

Pat K said...

Beautiful distressed creation. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday. Pat K x

Team Clark said...

Oh Karen, these distressed layers and colors rock my world! What gorgeous layering and beautiful assemblage of dies. Love this my friend! Hugs, Autumn

Darlene said...

Fantastic Karen! Love all the distressing and your flower cluster is beautiul! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Flowers’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Craftychris said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the layers and the distressed edges - fabulous colours and design too! xxx

Cara said...

A beautiful shabby chic card. Cara x

Jane said...

Hi Karen.This is such a great floral card. Your colours are so vibrant and your flowers are brilliant. Thanks so much for joining in our flower power challenge over at Country View Challenge over at Country View Challenges. Enjoy the rest of the

Maria said...

Beautiful card with pretty flowers and butterflies! Lovely color! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us this month for the 'Flowers' Challenge!

laurie said...

So pretty! I love the colors and that gorgeous background. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous ! Thank you for joining us over at Country View Challenges this month !
Corrie x