Friday, 5 May 2017

Tulips from Amsterdam ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one. Not long now for those that have to work until they can play. I have been going through my folders of snippets again, lol, and I found some pieces I really need to use before it's too late for them this year and here is the end result …

 
A 148mm square card, good to post even though it has layers!
All the  yummy details
 
The itty bitty butterfly
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 

Creatalicious Challenge #114 Anything Goes 
optional for the girls/mum's
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge Have Wings Will Fly
Dies R Us Challenge #72 Flowers
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #186 Anything Goes
Mix It Up Challenge Blog Anything Goes optional embossing
Scrapy Land Challenge #65 Anything Goes
I used Memory Box dies


This had obviously started out as one of my experiments and as I hadn't gotten around to using it I'm now making an effort to do this at the moment. I have way too many unfinished projects right now. I think that the left hand side of the card came about whilst I was playing with the Simon Says Stamps stencil, I think I drew through the stencil using either my Spectrum Aqua pens or my watercolour pencils and then I dragged the colour in. Again, I think that the texture paste was added at a later date, in fact, I think it was texture paste left on the stencil. As I have said I can't remember what I used or when I did it which is another reason why I need to finish my projects.

I remember how I created the right hand side of this card though. I used a snippet of white card to pick up Brusho watercolour crystals that I'd sprinkled onto my craft mat and sprayed with water. I then dipped the card into one of the colours and dried it with my heat tool before adding another colour or layer. It's a technique I dabbled with a couple of months ago and it's one I want to do again. The little Prima butterfly was stamped onto a snippet of coloured card and I die cut three butterflies from patterned paper snippets.

For a card created with just snippets there's a lot going on in each piece but I loved creating this one, dipping into and out of my unfinished projects folder was fun lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Prima Don't Forget to Fly stamp set
Stencil:
Simon Says Stamps Bouquet of Flowers stencil
Tim Holtz Lines Layering Stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Memory Box Cheviot Butterfly die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; palette knife

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; patterned papers
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils
Brusho Watercolour Crystals: Blue, Green, Yellow
Versafine Black IP
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Maimeri texture paste
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape

10 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

Hey lovely, hope all is well ? This is so pretty, I love the tiny butterfly and those beautiful Tulips.
Sending lots of love and hugs xxxx

Darlene said...

Well done Karen ... very artsy and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Flowers’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Pepita Hasenkeks said...

Thank you for joining our challenge with this springful Card. Danie DT cardsundmore

Evelyn Walter said...

Lovely card - and it´s always good to use some scraps!
Thank you for joining our challenge over at Country View Challenges this month!
Evelyn

Sara Barker said...

Karen, good for you to use those leftovers and what a wonderful result! I love the springtime colors and your single stamped and colored butterfly is sooooo pretty! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land with this beauty! Hugs!

Jackie C said...

Gorgeous project! Thank you for entering at Creatalicious. Jackie DT Member xx

Sue said...

This is so pretty Karen, and both sides work perfectly together. My unfinished drawer just keeps growing and growing, trouble is, once they go in there they're quite often never seen again! Thank you so much for joining in with our Plower Power challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a great week. Sue xx

Kathy Klersy said...

what a beautiful card and so many delicious little details! Thanks so very much for playing along with us at the MIUCB and we hope to see you back again soon! ~Kathy DT

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous project, love the butterflies and flowers! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges!
~DT Sherry x

Melanie said...

A wonderful project!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional for the girls / Mother's Day” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…