Thursday, 25 May 2017

Two Christmas cards ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. If all goes to plan this post will go live whilst we are getting ready to attend my brothers wedding, yep, it's that weekend, lol. I can't believe that I've been this organised to remember to get a couple of Christmas cards ready for the end of the month! Whilst sorting and de-stashing I found several coloured and heat embossed snippets and I realised they would be ideal for creating a couple of quick Christmas cards and here is the first …

 
An A6 card good to post because I only used one lot of foam pads
All the lovely details, and snippets, lots of them!

Here is the second one ...
 
I love the shimmer and shine on this one
All the yummy details

And here is a final look at each one ...



Created for me and especially for these Challenges

I have recently found a bag of left over Christmas themed snippets, as well as stamped toppers that I haven't gotten around to using. So I decided to use them to create a couple of Christmas cards. The main issue with that is that I don't completely remember how I created them but have a pretty good idea so I'm sharing as much as I can here.
The first card I created with a snippet of coloured, stamped and heat embossed card. I know that colour is from my Beautifully Grunge AquaTints and that was a WOW glitter embossing powder. The stamps are from the lovely Visible Image stamp company. The snippets of patterned paper and the die cut rectangle are from Craftwork Cards and they are really old, as is the gel sentiment (I don't remember who from but I know my mum purchased that kit for me several years ago).

The second card, love the shade of pink on the snippet background, was created with Sheena Douglass snowflake stamps and white embossing powder. I then coloured it with my AquaTints (B Grunge again). The stamped baubles were stamped when I first got my Spectrum Aqua pens, so that must be more than two years old. I inked up the stamp and stamped it and then the two further stamping came about because I lightly sprayed the stamp with water and there was enough ink/paint to stamp two more times. That beautiful bauble was a snippets playground win from the lovely Miss Pixie and it's a beautiful Penny Black stamp which I adore. I think I edged the image with the gold from the Essentials AquaTints.

It only took me a couple of minutes to come up with the layout I liked and then time for the sequin glue to dry before I photographed the card. I will be making more of these Christmas cards this year as that bag of Christmas left overs and snippets is quite big lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Supplies & Tools Card One
Stamp:
Visible Image Snowflake stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette
Card Paper:
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; WOW teal sparkle EP
Embellishments from my stash:
Sequins; Craftwork Cards die cut scallop rectangle; gel sticker from an old kit
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP
Collall all purpose glue; foam pads

Supplies & Tools Card Two
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A5 ALB Scenic Ornate Snowflake set; Penny Black Brushed Bauble stamp
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Essentials
Spectrum Aqua Floral pen; White EP
Embellishments:
Sequins
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape


14 comments:

Pat said...

What pretty snowflakes and baubles on these two cards Karen and two lovely backgrounds too. Thank you for joining in with the May Rudolph Days Challenge. x

scrappymo! said...

Two lovely Christmas cards, Karen. I am a big fan of using up snippets and also using up stash. What a fabulous find to unearth the stamped images.
You must feel so good about using these found items and showcasing them to their best use!

Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

sally said...

Great Rudolph day entries!

Sally

Kathleen said...

Two super cards, like the non-traditional colours.

Kath x

Gail said...

Pretty cards. I love the ornaments one...love how you did it. Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. --Gail

Cara said...

Love the colours you've used for these cards. Cara x

Joan said...

Two pretty cards and great use of your snippets too

LesleyG said...

Wow these are a festive feast for the eyes, love the colours, and good luck using all those snippets xxx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 334 and our CCAYR May challenge – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for May - I'd love to see it there too x

Darnell said...

This is inspiring, Karen! I, too, am trying to use up my UCBs and it feels good! I love all your quick snippets cards!! Hugs, Darnell

Whisper said...

Oooo I so love glitter & sparkle & thanks for joining us at Mays Rudolph Days Challenge, luv Sam x

Craftychris said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! xxx

Sandra H said...

Aww wow your card/s is just perfect for our challenge Snowflakes!! thank you for joining in good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Lovely!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper