Wednesday, 7 June 2017

A Christmas card

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’ve been ferreting through my bag of Christmas snippets again and I was able to whip up a quick Christmas card, lol, and here is the first one …

 
A multi layered A6 card
The details!
A final look

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges 
 Allsorts Challenge #418 Christmas in June
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge #336 Anything Goes Christmas 

 Double D Challenge Moodboard

Scrapy Land Challenge #67 Anything Goes: I used Spellbinder dies
I need Christmas cards for men so there is nothing ‘girly’ on this card


I used black Versafine to stamp the image onto Sheena stamping card snippets. I then coloured with my Spectrum Aqua pens. Once it was dry I die cut the image using my Spellbinder elongated scalloped rectangle dies and I die cut several coloured card snippets at the same time to create a multi layered look to the card whilst keeping it as flat as possible for posting. I used several very old resin type stickers and card stock stickers to finish. Nice and easy lemon squeazy lol!

A quick to create card using one of the stamps that came with a magazine I purchased last year so we have another card for our box, coloured card snippets used up and very old embellishments too, lol! Slowly and surely I am using my old supplies with newer supplies, the only way is upward and onward. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Creative Stamping 2016 Winter magazine free stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Spellbinder Elongated Scallop Rectangle dies
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; coloured card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Nature Spectrum Aqua pen set
Versafine black IP
Embellishments:
Resin stickers and die cuts from a very old QVC kit
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape

11 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

wonderful image and card. How great to get a start on Christmas cards. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your creations in future challenges.
kathy
DD DT

Cara said...

Love how you've layered up the rectangles on this fab card x

Darlene said...

Great job! I commend you for doing holiday cards lol ... can't even think along that line right now! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Blue & White’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

susiestacey said...

Lovely card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

brenda said...

A really stylish Deer and super inky creation Karen, many thanks for joining in with our Christmas theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Diane said...

Fabulous Xmas card and now you are one ahead...lucky you..lol! Thank you fro joining our challenge at Double D and come back soon!
Diane DD DT
{Nellies Nest}

Macarena said...

Very pretty. LOvely peaceful colors. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Mandy said...

Fabulous masculine card Karen! The image is lovely & the stickers are the perfect finishing touch.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is such a beautiful card! The gorgeous image, layering and stickers are just perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Linda said...

Beautiful Christmas card, love the stag. Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge xx