Monday, 26 June 2017

Another Hero Arts stamp ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. I’ve used another of the lovely Hero Arts stamps that I won from our lovely Brenda to create another interactive card today and here it is …

A 148 mm square card
The side view
All the details
 
The stamped and die cut image
It sits flat, well flat'ish and it will go in an envelope
I love the new Tim Holtz dies I won from Frilly & Funkie: thank you Linda
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges


I have to say I am really enjoying playing with these stamps and the fact that some of them aren’t designs I would have purchased myself is inspiring me a lot too. I tend to purchase more open design stamps that I can watercolour so using this one is really refreshing and different for me and funnily enough as I was typing this post I’ve had another idea for using this one that I want to go and create now lol!

To get back to my card to make this an interactive card I decided to create an easel card this time. I got to use some of my rather large, ahem, haul of die cuts along with patterned paper and one of my own really old Hero Arts stamps set for the sentiment. This was a reasonably quick card to create because I stamped the flower circle using Staz On onto a pre-cut by me circle and I coloured the flowers with ink. The little die cut circles that are at the bottom were also already coloured and die cut and I stamped the thank you very much sentiment on one but I used three to create the stop at the bottom of the card. I used snippets of patterned paper or card for the die cuts behind the stamped panel and rejected snippets of drawn and painted by me paper to die cut the flowers out of and I love that they have colour too.

I recycle some of my art work, the stuff I don’t like, lol. You can’t see the design and it stops me feeling guilty for using paper when it doesn’t come out right. As for the large haul of die cuts I need to think of a way of using those up and quick lol! I must have had a die cutting session one week as there are a lot of die cut circles in a pocket in the die cut box. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Hero Arts: Flower Wreath stamp; LL662 Small Greetings stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Spellbinders Large Classic & Scalloped Circle dies
Funkie Junkie Boutique: Sizzix Thinlits Small Tattered Florals by Tim Holtz
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
A5 Papermania Geometric Neon patterned papers
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; water colour paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Staz On Emerald City Midi ink pad
Distress ink pad: Peeled Paint
Distress Oxide re-inkers: Barn Door; Cracked Pistachio
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam



11 comments:

Jenny Colacicco said...

This looked like a lot of fun to make - lucky you winning stamps!! Gorgeous Thank you for sharing with us at HLS! Jenny x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful easel card, love the vibrant colours.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Cara said...

I love the wreath you created on this card, just beautiful x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

brenda said...

Such a very pretty floral creation Karen, many thanks for joining us Allsorts this week and at Penny Black and More June challenge.

B x

Mervi said...

Beautiful and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts "Flower Power" week
and at Penny Black and more;-))m

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card, lovely flowers.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Flower Power' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Helene E said...

Lovely flowers! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck.

laurie said...

How beautiful! I love your pretty wreath. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Julie B said...

Great use of your winnings.
Thanks for sharing over at HLS Anything Goes with dies. :)

Jane Proffitt said...

Very pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Colour Crazy Challenge blog. Good luck!

Jane DT for  https://colour Crazy Challenge.blogspot.de