Saturday, 17 June 2017
Distress Re-Inkers ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. Whilst we were at the hotel and spa ready and waiting for the wedding day I took my Distress Oxide re-inkers and A4 watercolour paper. I am a card making, mixed media making, wannabee artist nerd lol! And finally I’m able to start using them on my projects.
For my first A4 sheet I opted to cut it in half and use it as what would normally be called the background. However I wanted my background to be as much of a star as the stamped element and not be totally covered. Once I had stamped the flower image I used the Doxides to colour it and the background around it and here is my card …
I created a 148mm square card
It has some depth
The inside is where the image is
All that lovely inkyness!
Such a pretty stamp!
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
June I used a Die-Namics die
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Touchy Feely:
there is texture from the watercolour paper and all of the die cuts
I used one of the beautiful stamps that I was lucky enough to win from our lovely Brenda. In fact I have used a couple of those stamps recently so I will be sharing more cards created with more of these stamps soon. Can I just say once again how much I love the Doxides? Lol! I have several pieces of coloured Doxide card that I have added sand texture paste to drying right now and I am itching to play with them, more mixed media projects will be coming soon.
As for my card I added a layer of clean water to the watercolour paper and added some drops of re-inker to my paint palette. I then added layers of ink onto the watercolour paper, blending when necessary with a bit more water or ink. I then left it to dry. I stamped the flower twice onto white stamping card using a Versafine IP. I then coloured both the flowers with the re-inkers. When dry I die cut one using the nested banner die and fussy cut the other one out. I lightly splattered Broken China Doxide mixed with water over to the die cut panel. I used my heat tool to finish drying the panel and then adhered the fussy cut flower on top – that way the blue splatters on the flower were no longer a problem.
I used a smaller nested banner to die cut the aperture and the original one to cut the card base. I applied double sided adhesive around the four edges of the aperture and cut up some product packaging to use as an acetate. I cut lengths of fun foam and framed around the aperture and created the gap for the sequins as my shaker element. A sprinkle of sequins were added, next time I need to remember to add much more, it’s a learning experience as it’s been a long time since I created a shaker card and the last time I did I wasn’t happy with the end result, too untidy, so I know what not to do these days lol!
I went into my box of coloured snippets card and die cut several elements to embellish the front and to add a sentiment too. Simples, if time consuming, and yes I will be creating another shaker card soon, as I loved doing so here. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Hero Arts H5577 Classic Tea Flower wood mounted stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tutti Designs #214 Nesting Stitched Banners dies
My Favourite Things Dienamics Hello There die set
Funkie Junkie Boutique: Sizzix Thinlits Small Tattered Florals by Tim Holtz
Crafters Companion Crafters Inspiration Magazine Issue 10 heart dies
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette
300 gsm card
Prima A4 watercolour paper pad
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress Oxide re-inkers: Cracked Pistachio; Faded Jeans; Fired Brick; Fossilised Amber
Jet Black Versafine IP
Spectrum Aqua pens )
Spectrum Noir AquaTints ) were used to colour the die cuts
Sequins from my stash
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape