Saturday, 17 June 2017

Distress Re-Inkers ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. Whilst we were at the hotel and spa ready and waiting for the wedding day I took my Distress Oxide re-inkers and A4 watercolour paper. I am a card making, mixed media making, wannabee artist nerd lol! And finally I’m able to start using them on my projects.

For my first A4 sheet I opted to cut it in half and use it as what would normally be called the background. However I wanted my background to be as much of a star as the stamped element and not be totally covered. Once I had stamped the flower image I used the Doxides to colour it and the background around it and here is my card …

I created a 148mm square card
It has some depth
The inside is where the image is
All that lovely inkyness!
 
Such a pretty stamp!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges


 
June I used a Die-Namics die

there is texture from the watercolour paper and all of the die cuts


I used one of the beautiful stamps that I was lucky enough to win from our lovely Brenda. In fact I have used a couple of those stamps recently so I will be sharing more cards created with more of these stamps soon. Can I just say once again how much I love the Doxides? Lol! I have several pieces of coloured Doxide card that I have added sand texture paste to drying right now and I am itching to play with them, more mixed media projects will be coming soon.

As for my card I added a layer of clean water to the watercolour paper and added some drops of re-inker to my paint palette. I then added layers of ink onto the watercolour paper, blending when necessary with a bit more water or ink. I then left it to dry. I stamped the flower twice onto white stamping card using a Versafine IP. I then coloured both the flowers with the re-inkers. When dry I die cut one using the nested banner die and fussy cut the other one out. I lightly splattered Broken China Doxide mixed with water over to the die cut panel. I used my heat tool to finish drying the panel and then adhered the fussy cut flower on top – that way the blue splatters on the flower were no longer a problem.

I used a smaller nested banner to die cut the aperture and the original one to cut the card base. I applied double sided adhesive around the four edges of the aperture and cut up some product packaging to use as an acetate. I cut lengths of fun foam and framed around the aperture and created the gap for the sequins as my shaker element. A sprinkle of sequins were added, next time I need to remember to add much more, it’s a learning experience as it’s been a long time since I created a shaker card and the last time I did I wasn’t happy with the end result, too untidy, so I know what not to do these days lol!

I went into my box of coloured snippets card and die cut several elements to embellish the front and to add a sentiment too. Simples, if time consuming, and yes I will be creating another shaker card soon, as I loved doing so here. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Hero Arts H5577 Classic Tea Flower wood mounted stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tutti Designs #214 Nesting Stitched Banners dies
My Favourite Things Dienamics Hello There die set
Funkie Junkie Boutique: Sizzix Thinlits Small Tattered Florals by Tim Holtz
Crafters Companion Crafters Inspiration Magazine Issue 10 heart dies
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Prima A4 watercolour paper pad
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress Oxide re-inkers: Cracked Pistachio; Faded Jeans; Fired Brick; Fossilised Amber
Jet Black Versafine IP
Spectrum Aqua pens         )
Spectrum Noir AquaTints ) were used to colour the die cuts
Embellishments:
Sequins from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam


5 comments:

Cara said...

I love how you created the shaker element on this card, just fabulous x

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Of course I HAD to comment on this! It is brilliant! I've never seen a shaker card open up like that to reveal a scene underneath! MIND. BLOWN. I also love the soft pastels you used and how this is totally unique and out-of-the-box. Thank you yet again for sharing your amazing skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Gemma said...

Lovely! Thank you for joining us at the Seven Hills Crafts Challenge this month.

rachel said...

such a lovely card Karen - great use of the hearts .... apologies for my lack of visits ....I feel very much like I have no time of late!!!! Thankyou for joining us at Countryview Challenges and Goodluck! Hugs rachel x

Swapna B Patil said...

Such a fun card.. Thank you so much for joining us at A Blog Named Hero this month..

Swapna DT