Thursday, 1 June 2017

House of Cards June 2017 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well, it's nearly the weekend. It's time for another End of Term Blog Hop at House of Cards, I can't believe it's come round so quickly, it's the end of our fifth term. So are you ready to get hopping?! Yes it's that time but first up we have some fabulous sponsors to share with you. Make sure you leave a comment on each and every person's blog along the way because the prizes are hidden and we'll be doing random drawings from the blogs where those prizes are hiding :-)! Once you've finished the hop create a project to share with us too because that will give you another chance to win!

The following are our fabulous sponsors ...






And here is the blog order, just in case you get lost along the way ...

Mynn | Judy Christi Cohenna | Donna
 Em | Heather | Jane | Karen | Katarina | Maria 
Merethe | Michele |Nancy |  Paula | Rocky | Rosi 
Shawna | Shirley | Sue N. | Susan 

And if you do get lost you can always go back here and start again ...

 House of Cards Challenge Blog


This is the gorgeous inspiration photograph with have for you this month ...



And here is my first card …

This image is just fun, serious fun and I love both my cards this month
Layers and a shell from the MHK Designs set
I love the fun image
A final look

And here is my second card ...

I created an A5 man/boy birthday card with this gorgeous image
Lots of lovely layers
The gorgeous vintage scene
Pretty little shells too
A final look


Because we are so very lucky to have three sponsors this month and I decided to create two cards. My first card was created with a Digistamps4joy and my second card was created with a MHK Designs image. I had a lot of fun creating an under the water scene with the first image and I created a lovely card for a boy or a man with the image from MHK Designs. I have to admit I do love Mynn's vintage images, they just call to me, if that makes sense, lol!

I chose not to use the background papers that come with the lovely vintage seaside images from Mynn because I knew that I had these patterned papers in my stash and that they would fit both of these digital images perfectly. I did print out four of the gorgeous vintage seashells that are also part of the MHK Designs pack and I used a combination of watercolour mediums to colour them. I enjoyed my relaxing watercolour sessions for both of these cards and because I know I need more male cards I chose not to embellish or bling them up, the males in our family do not like bling and find it unacceptable to be used for birthdays but are okay with me using bling on Christmas cards lol!  Once all the elements were dry I fussy cut the seashells and curved them on my fingers and used dimensional glue so that they would keep their shape. 
 Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x












Tools
Digital Stamps:
Digistamps4joy: Coral Corner digital stamp
MHK Designs Serene Seaside digital package
Die cutter & dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Winnie & Walter Happy word die
Crafters Companion Downton Abbey half doily die
Tutti Designs stitched banner nesting dies
Whimsy Stamps die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Centura Pearl single sided card for printing
300 gsm card
Stampin' Up papers, these are old
Snippets: watercoloured card, Kraft card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Inktense Watercolour pencils
Neo Color II paints
Spectrum Aqua: Essentials
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall 3D glue gel
Double sided tape
Fun foam

16 comments:

Cara said...

Two lovely seaside projects with a vintage feel to them x

Julia Aston said...

Two pretty seaside designs!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Karen, both of your cards are adorable! I love the little vintage boy, and the colors in the undersea image is amazing! Really fun cards!
Take Care!
Michele

Brenda said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with both of your cards Karen!! They are stunning! Love the inspiration photo and your take on them. Such fun and beautiful cards, you should be proud of them!!! Hugs, Brenda

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous cards, Karen!
Hugs,
Em, HOC Teamie xoxox

Donna said...

Such fun cheery cards Karen, like the dimension! Donna HOC teammate

Doris Klein said...

Wonderful creation and nice colours!

Hugs
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#6 – Beginning of the summer (let the sun shine)
*DT* Die Sketchtanten

Mary Holshouser said...

The first card is fun and happy.
Love the bold colors.
The second is vintage and serious
but fantastic.
thanks for sharing

Denise Bryant said...

Love your color combos! Beautiful cards!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love both your cards - the bright colours on the first, the image on the second!
Fabulous makes for the House of Cards!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

MHK Designs said...

Karen, these are AMAZING! I adore the watercolor effect you got with the boy on the beach! Thank you so much for all you've done at House of Cards this term! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Glittered Paws said...

Both cards are amazing - love the vintage scene you created. Shirley Team Mate

ScrappySandie said...

I like both cards, Karen! Both have great layout designs but my favorite is the first one with those bright colors! That really is a HAPPY card!

Pam Sebring said...

I really enjoyed both cards! I specially like the little boy on the beach. Good job

Nancy said...

They're both fabulous, Karen! It's been lovely working with you at House of Cards this term! :o)

Kleri F said...

Beautiful cards!The first one is my favorite :)