Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Inspired by a photograph and some other things ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. Whilst hunting Pinterest for inspiration I found this photograph …


Isn’t it beautiful?! I hope you like it because it really called to me, the awesome texture, the lovely rich colours and flowers galore! It has sold but this is the link and if you want to see what else the artist creates see here. I wanted to try and replicate that texture and luxury onto a mixed media hanging and here is the first attempt …

 
It's 21 cm x 14 cm and has lovely texture and depth
All the yummy details 
I have hoarded this ribbon for a special project for a long time
And these flowers were kept for 'special projects' too
I added more acrylic paint to these two flowers to make them pop
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
#27 Mixed Media Anything Goes


Inspired by a Photograph


MMW#2Anything Goes 

May: I was inspired by the pinks & pop of green

MIUCB #2 Anything Goes optional Stamping
#4 Anything Goes: optional twist: add Ribbon, String or Twine


   
Touchy Feely: embossing paste, mulberry flowers and roses ribbon my project is really rich in texture lol!


Words with Meaning ‘happy’: I suffer from depression and I use this word a lot in my mixed media projects to remind me that although I cannot control the chemical imbalance from depression I can and do choose to be happy



I have been so inspired by this lady’s art that I want to create more mixed media inspired by the beautiful gauntlet. I didn’t start out with the idea of a pink hanging I had planned to use shades of rich red and orange like the original inspiration photograph but my project evolved as I was working on it and colouring it.


I cut a piece of chipboard to the size I wanted and applied two coats of white gesso. I started out using the Lace stencil and then my winnings from Frilly & Funkie arrived, lol, I had to get this stencil after seeing the beautiful projects that the lovely Autumn at Sew Paper Paint produced with it. After allowing the texture paste from the lace stencil to dry I then attached the second stencil. I was going to cover up the lace but I loved the look of it so I left it alone and thankfully they do naturally blend together.

Once the texture paste was dry I grabbed a couple of the lovely Pebeo acrylic paints that my awesome husband purchased me for Christmas and I used what I thought was a lovely rich red. Turns out that when you add a little water so that you can apply the paint it goes a bit pink, lol. I wanted shimmer so I used gold gouache, I forgot how rich that gold gouache is!! Once it was dry I went back in to add more red to some of the stencilled flowers, which is why some of them pop more than others.

Then I left it to dry overnight. The next day I grabbed a snippet of acrylic painted card and stamped the word ‘Serendipity’ all over it with a Distress ink pad. Once dry I die cut the word ‘happy’. I grabbed my Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, cherry blossoms and gardenias, and I used a little Worn Lipstick on the edges of the flowers and Fossilised Amber Doxide to the centre of the flowers. I then trimmed the wires off the back and attached them to my panel. I used some Prima Marketing Inc leaves and attached them too. I added the ‘happy’ die cut and the ribbon roses at the top of the panel to finish!

I’m hoping to be able to visit your blogs and catch up with what you have been creating. I’m still low on spoons so I’m tiring very quickly at the moment. Neither of us are back to how we were before the wedding yet, lol, it was only five days away but it’s knocked the stuffing out of us lol! Until I visit thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Serendipity Tim Holtz wooden stamp
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencils: THS077 Floral; THS034 Lace
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Winnie & Walter ‘happy’ die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; palette knife

Supplies
Card Paper:
Snippets: stamping card coloured with acrylic paints
Chipboard sheet cut to size

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Pebeo High Viscosity Acrylic Paint (pack of 40 colours)
Gold Gouache
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts: Cherry Blossom; Gardenia
Roses ribbon (I’ve hung onto this ribbon for a long time as I wanted to keep it for ‘special’ projects, lol, it was a gift from my lovely friend Helen.)
Prima Marketing Inc leaves (the same issue as the roses ribbon)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Pebeo texture paste
Pebeo gesso


13 comments:

Cara said...

This is such a pretty hanging, love all the texture. Sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment. I hope your energy levels improve to allow you to do some more crafting soon x

Lynda Hall said...

Beautiful. I love how it shimmers. So pretty. Thanks for entering Creative Artiste's Mixed Media blog challenge.
Good luck
Lynda x

Cindy Brown said...

just say AMAZING for this creation thanks for playing at mmp challenge.

Maura Hibbitts said...

Great inspiration Karen! I love those, and you translated beautifully into your project with those gorgeous colors and textures. Thanks for sharing your wonderful project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

Team Clark said...

Gorgeous background and such a pretty inspirational image. I just love how you added the flowers and die. We are so happy you shared with us at Frilly and Funkie and Stamps & Stencils. Hugs, Autumn

Cec said...

What a great take on your inspiration photo. You have captured the colour palette , texture and flowers beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Andree said...

A lovely project. Fabulous textured background and wonderful colours.
Thank you for joining in with our June challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

Nancy Dynes said...

Your project is so very cool and HAPPY--just like the sentiment, and such fun inspiration as well. I adore the color palette and the texture you've created. Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at The Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Nancy

Nadya Drozdova said...

So interesting and creative! Thank you for playing with Mixed Media Place!

Cheryl Wright said...

A very beautiful creation. I can see why you'd get inspiration from that beautiful work of art!

Thanks so much for joining us at the Mix It Up Challenge blog!
https://mixitupchallenge.blogspot.com

rachel said...

wonderful make Karen - I adore the colours and the stencilling - fabulous! thanks for joining us at Stamps and stencils - apologies for commenting so late! Hugs rachel x

Vintagehandmade said...

Wonderful mixed media piece! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils! Branka DT

Cec said...

Me again with my Stamps and Stencils hat on. Thanks for sharing this with us for the Words With Meaning challenge - "happy" is a meaningful word for all of us and am glad it is special to you.
Hugs!
Cec