Tuesday, 20 June 2017

June Mixed Media Tag #2 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well. Isn’t this heat awful in the UK right now, lol, I’ve got to say it’s too hot for me right now. However, thankfully, I did manage to add some finishing touches to a couple of projects over the weekend, well, until I started to stew in my craft room that is! I have several of these tags cut out, covered with gesso and some have texture paste on them and some don’t but they are ready and waiting for me to add more stamping and sometimes more stencilling, just in case the need to experiment or a challenge sets off my muse and here it is … 

Such lovely shades of blue, heather and a smidge of green
  
I really love the colours and texture, you can see how that butterfly floats in the air when flat but bounces when the tag is touched
All the yummy bits!
The stamped and sticker panel
The important words
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
I used a small stamp which I inked with two Doxides and because the die cut banner is covered I wanted something less fussy to be my interactive element.  The painted wooden butterfly at the bottom has a spring gadget that helps it to bounce up and down, so he flutters over the flowers and leaves around him lol!

 Butterfly Challenge #80 Bingo Lines
I chose: Bling-Butterfly-Blooms
I was inspired by the different blues, the fluffy flower puffs which I think are called dandelions, and that gorgeous pop of green from the bird

Words with Meaning: Inspiration: is an important word for me. Inspiration is needed for me to create and create multiple times. I’m lucky in that colour, nature and my environment inspire me and I added the sticker to remind me


 
I chose: #32 Put a Stencil On It & #36 Put a Stamp On It


I started with a piece of Sheena stamping card, I know from previous tags that the card copes with gesso, inks, mediums, paints and sometimes too much water, lol! I applied the gesso using a brayer and popped it to one side to dry. I now always use the brayer for this because it dries really quickly. Then I attached one of my lovely new Tim Holtz stencils (I was able to purchase because of a win at the lovely Frilly & Funkie challenge). I applied DecoArt Grit Texture paste on both sides using a palette knife and I left that to dry again.

I used Blue China Distress ink pad to colour the inside part of the tag and I reapplied the stencil and painted the Grit Texture paste with Blue China Distress Oxide re-inker. I left it to dry before adding more colour to the borders. I stamped the little Hero Arts fluffy flower across a die cut Kraft banner first using Cracked Pistachio Doxide and then Wilted Violet Doxide. I hunted through my stash and found the perfect sentiment sticker to add to it. I coloured a laser cut butterfly with a mix of pink and blue paint to create a lovely heather colour. Once it was dry I attached the spring gadget to the back. I coloured some more wooden embellishments and Wild Orchid Crafts flowers with Dusty Concord Distress ink and I glued them in position. I added some glitter to parts of some of the embellishments and then glued them in position.

I recently found this little Hero Arts stamp and I’m not 100% sure where it came from, lol, I think it may one that I won from the lovely Brenda but I can’t say so for sure. Anyways I used this wee little stamp to be the stamped image and lots of lovely heather and purple coloured embellishments. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Hero Arts stamp
Stencil:
Flourish Tim Holtz Layering Stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tutti Designs Die: Stitched Nesting Banners
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; spray bottle; craft mat; brayer; Craftwork Cards template

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass 300gsm white stamping card
Snippets: Kraft card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress Oxide ink pads: Cracked Pistachio; Wilted Violet
Distress Oxide Re-inkers: Blue China
Distress ink pads: Blue China
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts: Chrysanthemum; Rose hips
Glitter; ribbon; spring gadget; sticker (inspiration); wooden embellishments; are all from my stash and are old items!
Adhesives/Mediums:
DecoArt Grit paste
Pebeo gesso
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; Washi tape; fun foam

11 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Lovely creation.

Mrs A. said...

You have caught the essence of the colour heather perfectly. I love the sprung butterfly nestling in amongst those gorgeous flowers. This tag is just packed full of delight. Thank you for fluttering into my bingo challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Cara said...

Lovely mixed media tag, love the purple tones and the texture x

Swapna B Patil said...

Lovely tag. Thank you so much for joining us at A Blog Named Hero this month.
Swapna Dt

Lynne Forsythe said...

Your tag is ABSOLUTELY adorable! Thank you for playing along with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Team Clark said...

Gorgeous as always, Karen! I love the subtle colors you used here. The tag shape and layout is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils. Hugs, Autumn

Cindy Brown said...

Amazing creation wow wow wow Thanks for playing at mmp challenge this month!!!!

rachel said...

gorgeous make Karen - love the background stencilling and the colours are beautiful x

Ola Khomenok said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at MMP challenge!

Nadya Drozdova said...

Very nice project! Thank you for joining us at MMP challenge

Georgie C said...

This is lovely!! Thank you for entering at MMP!! xx