Saturday, 10 June 2017

The wedding card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. Finally I’m able to sit and type a post. I want to share the card I created for Bethan and Luke's wedding with you today. I have to admit that when I started out I had a general theme and idea but I returned to my old OCD card creating behaviour! I created the design multiple times until I was happy. I tried really hard not to go down the rabbit hole but that card creating behaviour did win this time. I’m now playing with my mixed media products again and being a lot freer which feels so much healthier! However this is the final design I stuck with in the end …

I created a 20 cm square card
Thankfully I didn't have to worry about the depth for a change!
All the details
I even used the snippets up and decorated the inside too!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #419 Use at least two dies 
I used these dies:  funky base heart; bubbles overlay heart; 
champagne glass; & celebrate

Country View Crafts Challenge Hearts

Creative Artiste Challenge #27 Mixed Media Anything Goes



Mix It Up Challenge Blog #MIUCB#2 Anything Goes
Optional twist: Stamping
Optional twist: add Ribbon, String or Twine
Scrapy Land Challenge #67 Anything Goes:
I used Crafters Companion Leonie Pujol dies
Stamping Sensations Challenge Use Your Favourite Stamp:
Sheena Douglass Silhouette flowers stamp set
The Ribbon Girl Challenge June Card Challenge


I was lucky that here was a special offer on Leonie Pujol’s entwined hearts dies a couple of months ago. I mentioned the special offer to hubby and he asked why I wanted them I told him for Bethan and Luke’s wedding card and he surprised me as he told me to purchase them: yay!! It helped that he remembered the design and he liked them too but purchasing the two sets was over my craft budget so the special offer was welcome.

I used a snippet of Yupo paper with my Spectrum Noir AquaTints and then Spectrum Aqua pens to colour and stamp a field of flowers, a favourite technique, which I positioned behind the die cut heart. Funnily enough this stamp set is one of three that hubby purchased for part of my Christmas presents, and I try to use it at least once a month between spring and autumn.

I used a lot of hoarded ‘special’ supplies to create and embellish this card. There were items I’d hung onto because I wanted to use them on ‘something special’. I used hoarded patterned paper, hoarded velvet ribbon, as well as older tools, new dies and as a bonus quite a few snippets too. I’ve owned the Anna Griffin paper for more than five years, the larger Wild Orchid Crafts roses are the last of a challenge win voucher, thankfully I’ve a little store of sweetheart blossoms which will be used soon. I purchased the sparkly gems and pearls especially for their wedding card.

Unusually for me I had a rough idea what I thought would look great on the design and there were also certain colours and elements I wanted to incorporate too. So I created a list of the things I wanted to include before I started and here it is:

#1 soft muted colours with a pop of Bethan's favourite colour (purple);
#2 love themed with hearts
#3 stamped flowers and flower embellishments
#4 I wanted the stamped flowers to have a watercolour look
#5 I wanted a butterfly, pearls & ribbon: they are beautiful and add texture and luxury.

Once I knew what elements I wanted incorporated I set about designing this card. I die cut the base heart from watercolour paper and coloured that with H2O lilac pearl, then I cut the bubbles heart from one piece of watercolour paper. I cut lots of extra bubbles from white card snippets and ‘Love’ too. I coloured the top heart, Love and bubbles with purple H2O. I cut the Anna Griffin paper to A5 size and then cut the base heart again. I used a Martha Stewart border punch to create a decorative edge on to two snippets lilac pearl card. A lot of play and re-arranging went on until I came up with the final design.

I finally used two pages of the Anna Griffin papers that I have had for a long time: about time too lol! Turns out they loved it, thank goodness, or I think I would have been a bit heartbroken given all the work that went into it. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A6 Silhouette Wildflowers stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Signature Together Forever Range: Champage Flute die
Crafters Companion Leonie Pujol: Funky Heart Base die & Lovely Bubbles overlay die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: 300 gsm 20 cm square card; watercolour card
Snippets: SAA Yupo synthetic paper; pearlescent card
12” square Anna Griffin patterned paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Nature Spectrum Aqua pen set
2016 Special Holiday set Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens
Luminarte H2O watercolour paint
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts: self adhesive white pearls; ivory mulberry sweetheart blossoms; ivory open roses
Ebay: white self adhesive AB sparkle gems
Velvet ribbon and fabric butterfly from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam

14 comments:

brenda said...

A super wedding creation Karen and great and effective use of your dies, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

brenda said...

Thanks as well for sharing your delightful creation with us at Stamping Sensations Karen, missed that first visit.

B x

Wendy L said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous dies too, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Cara said...

Well, of course they loved it - it's fabulous! Great card with so many delights x

Suzi said...

An amazing Wedding card with fabulous die details. I'm sure they will treasure it for ever. Thank you for sharing with us over at Scrap & Craft Challenge. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi

SusanLotus said...

Very unique design!

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous card, love the design! Thank you for joining us at Mix It Up Challenge Blog. We hope to see you again.
~DT Sherry x

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Gorgeous...Love all the details..Great layout..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with Dies Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti

Lisa said...

This is stunning!! I love the layers and the heart!! The details you added are fabulous!! What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

SARN said...

WOW - this is super gorgeous and a lovely keepsake to treasure.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Hazel Agnew said...

What a great combination of styles. Love what you have created. Thanks for joining in with us at Country View Crafts.

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Joelle Hancox said...

Gorgeous card! Such lovely detailing! Thanks for playing along at MIUCB ❤️

Judy McKay said...

Stunning creation. Love your style and details. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see your lovely art work back here again soon. Judy DT