Wednesday, 26 July 2017

A second sketch ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  After following Kim’s sketch at the Paperbabe Challenge blog on a tag I wanted to create another tag following the sketch as I was so happy with the end result. I decided to use a background piece that is a more distressed style than I normally try to create. Anyway here is the end result …

Another tag!
So many snippets were used to create this tag
I love that I got to use up so many snippets and rejects too
Lots of lovely die cuts
The beautiful rose stamp
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Cardz TV Challenge Anything Goes Designers Challenge #6
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #192 Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge #70 Anything Goes
I used Crafters Companion, Memory Box and Spellbinders dies
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge You’ve got the edge:
I’ve used a stencil on the base layer to add more detail to the lower RHS,then to the top of the tag with the die cuts drawing your eye to the edges


I used a piece of ugly card for the bottom layer. I was playing with colours on it, with blue, green, brown and the whole thing ended up in shades of brown, puce green and putrid yellow. What I love is that the base layer is ugly puce coloured in a grunge way. My twist to that is to add bright coloured details to the upper layers to bring back the beauty. The teal blue on the putrid tag really pops and makes you aware of how beautiful that colour is. Then I used several neutrals for die cutting to lighten up the look. I stamped the roses and leaves onto the die cut circle using a lovely soft pink and I went back to add a more fluorescent fossilised yellow with only a little water to make that a big jarring to the eye.


I pushed myself away from my comfort zone of soft colours gently blending to create a tag which is full of distressed and grunged details. OMGee I really love the end result and I will not be trying to create ugly pages because when I try I can’t but if it just happens, which it does every so often lol, it is awesome!

I dipped into my snippets bag multiple times to create this tag and luckily I was able to bring so many different colours and elements together to end up with a mixed media, grungey, distressed, and beautifully feminine tag. I’m really happy that I can create when my back isn’t too bad and that’s why I have multiple projects on the go. Because one day I might be able to do something a bit harder but the next time I can’t. So having little sessions now and again is working well for me and my back lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp & Stencil:
Paperbabe Stamp Set:
Viva Decor 29cm square
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: THS032 Flourishes
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Crafters Companion: Die’sire Classique Ivy die; Sara Signature Floral Delight In Bloom
Memory Box Poppystamp Cheviot Butterfly die
Spellbinders: Large Classic Circle die set; Large Scalloped Circle die set; Die D-Lites Medallion 2 set; 4” x 2” Butterfly Wizard cutting and embossing die
Magazine die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; mini ink blending tool and foam; Distress spray water bottle

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Snippets: coloured card; patterned papers; Sheena Douglass white stamping card coloured & stamped snippets
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress ink pads: Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint
Distress Oxides: Broken China, Faded Jeans, Cracked Pistachio, Worn Lipstick
Memento dew drop ink pad: Rose Bud pink
Primary Spectrum Aqua pens
Embellishments:
Pearls from my stash
Ribbon snippet from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Collall 3D glue gel
Double sided tape
Fun foam
Washi tape (for the stencils)

8 comments:

Maura Hibbitts said...

Hi Karen, I really like how you took an "ugly" piece you had and made it the base of your beautiful tag! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

Cara said...

A lovely tag, love all dimension you added to it x

Craftychris said...

Fabulous tag and wonderful and you turned an 'ugly' reject piece into a thing of beauty! xxx

Di said...

Gorgeous tag Karen - and what a load of lovely snippets you used as well! Love it!

Hugs

Di xx

Tone K. said...

Great tag! I love all the different dies you have used :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful build up of your distressed style elements Karen. Thank you for sharing & joining in with the That's Crafty All things Grunge Challenge. Best Wishes Tracey.

Tracy Freeman said...

Hey lovely, how are you ? I hope you are well.
This is such a lovely tag, all the textures are just perfect !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Karen,
what a brilliant snippets make and your design is super lovely.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.