Tuesday, 25 July 2017

A sketch ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I had a large snippet of Distress Oxides and Viva Decor stencil background from another project so I decided to use that up by following a sketch with multiple layers and details and here it is …

This tag is a little slimmer than usual
But still has lots of lovely layers and textures too
All the lovely details
I followed the sketch as closely as I could
These  rose stamps are going to be very useful
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Cardz TV Challenge Anything Goes Designers Challenge #6 
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge TIMI Anything Goes


Scrapy Land Challenge #70 Anything Goes
I used Crafters Companion, Memory Box, Sizzix, Spellbinder 
& Tutti Designs dies
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge You’ve got the edge: I’ve used the sketch to create lots of different edges and followed the bottom right one with die cuts to make it more prominent 


Everything on this card was a snippet left over from other projects. I thought I could quickly detail each layer starting from the bottom, the tag, going up. The background is from my first play with Distress Oxides and my Viva Decor music and flowers stencil. Then I die cut a Tutti Designs stitched banner from a card snippet I created using Tim Holtz lines stencil and Spectrum Aqua pens. The next layer is a white card snippet that I coloured using my Distress Oxides using Faded Jeans and Fired Brick Doxides. I attached a Sheena Douglass stencil to that and applied DecoArt sand texture paste through it. The skinny banner that goes across the card was another snippet coloured with Faded Jeans and Cracked Pistachio Oxides. The frame behind the stamped circle was a white snippet coloured with acrylic paints. The die cut circle was a white watercolour card snippet stamped with the roses which I then coloured with Spectrum Noir AquaTints primary set, the yellow. The flowers, coloured with watercolour paints, were first drawn and watercoloured by me before I recycled them for die cutting. The remaining snippets were cut from patterned or solid coloured paper or card.

I’ve used lots of snippets on my projects over the years but I don’t think I have created a whole project including the base layer from snippets, at least I don’t think I have before. The good and bad thing is that I still have loads of snippets lol! I think I need to create a lot more snippet projects. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp & Stencil:
Paperbabe rubber stamps: Rose border
Viva Decor #08 Flower & Music 29cm square stencil
Tim Holtz Layering stencil THS004 Lines
Sheena Douglass 7x7” Distress Grid Stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Die’sire Classiques Ivy die
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Butterfly Lullaby Flit & Flutter die
Memory Box Poppystamp Cheviot butterfly die
Sizzix: Thinlits small Tattered Florals die set
Spellbinders: Large Classic Circle die; Die D-Lites Medallion Two
Tutti Designs Stitched Nested Banners set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; mini ink blending tool & foam; palette knife; Craftwork Cards tag template

Supplies
Card Paper:
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; snippets patterned paper; watercolour papers; snippet velvet paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress Oxide Re-Inkers: Broken China; Faded Jeans; Cracked Pistachio; Worn Lipstick; Fired Brick
Spectrum Aqua: primary set
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: primary
Memento dew drop ink pad: Rose Bud pink
Embellishments:
Pearls from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
DecoArt sand texture paste
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam
Washi tape

8 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous tag Karen :-) the papers and colours are so pretty and I love how you layered the elements, the whole design is fabulous! :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Cara said...

Wow, there's so much interest on this fabulous project x

Lori Kobular said...

What a terrific tag with all those layers! Really awesome piece! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

what a great way to use up your pieces of wonderful paper
thanks for joining us at HLS
Barb Housner (DT)

Sara Barker said...

Karen, I think this may well be my favorite of yours! Not only is your design just wonderful, the colors really are so beautiful and soft! Love, love, LOVE this! And I'll say thank you for sharing it with us at Scrapy Land in our Anything Goes challenge while I'm here! Hugs!

k.m.meena Herale said...

Beautiful and lovely tag.
Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS Mixed Media DT

Team Clark said...

You are so talented at putting together beautiful layers. Another stunning creation! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapy Land. Hugs, Autumn

Tanja said...

love all those different elements - thanks for sharing your project at the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge