Wednesday, 19 July 2017

Add ribbon or twine ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’m still playing with my Distress Oxide inks but this time I combined them with one of my own sketched and watercoloured backgrounds. I added one of my treasured Ideaology ephemera elements as well as a double layer die cut butterfly, die cut flowers and leaves, paints, sheer ribbon, stamped hearts, stencils along with gorgeous sand texture paste, and my Tim Holtz Distress Oxide re-inkers has resulted in a project that I will keep and display in my craft room, lol, and here it is …

I love these A5 tags, so many lovely details
The side view, lots of lovely depth
All the lovely details
  
The stamped and die cut details
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges

Creative Artiste Challenge #28 Mixed Media Anything Goes


Mix It Up Challenge Blog #MIUCB#3 Anything Goes optional Distressing


Scrap & Craft Inspiration Challenge #5 Summertime with Butterflies
Scrapy Land Challenge #70 Anything Goes
I used Crafters Companion and Sizzix dies
Create something three dimensional or add something three dimensional


An awful lot of steps and products were used to create this tag and I’ll try to share them but keep it short at the same time too lol! I drew the flowers onto mixed media paper using my Derwent Inktense pencils and then I coloured the flowers and background with my Caran D’ache wax crayons. I fussy cut the tag using my Craftwork Cards template and then attached Tim Holtz layering stencil with Washi tape on both edges of the tag. I added DecoArt sand texture paste to the tag and left it to dry.


I stamped the hearts using my Doxide ink pads and sprayed them with water then dried with my heat tool. I sprayed water on to each stamped heart, dried and did the same again. I fussy cut the hearts and put them to one side whilst getting on with the next step. I used white snippets and die cut all the flowers, leaves and double layer butterfly. I coloured the flowers and leaves with Distress re-inkers and Doxide re-inkers. I added more Doxide re-inkers from my paint palette and I coloured the edges of the tag before spraying with water and re-dipping, drying and splattering the background of the tag.

The flower die cuts were mainly coloured with left over inks or paints that were in my paint palette, some of those were Doxides, some AquaTints, several watercolours etc. I coloured the solid die cut butterfly with the Pebeo Dyna paint and the top layer with whatever ink or paint was in my palette. Unusually for me the layout evolved as I was adding and arranging the individual elements and then I decided I wanted a little bit of bling so sequins were glued on at the end. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Rubber Dance Art Stamps: I Heart Art
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Flourishes
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Sara Davies Signature Floral Delight range: In Bloom (flowers)
Tim Holtz Small Tattered Florals die set (leaves)
Magazine butterfly die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; palette knife; spray water bottle; Craftwork Cards tag stencil

Supplies
Card Paper:
Daler Rowney A5 Mixed Media Spiral Pad
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Derwent Inktense pencils
Caran D’ache Neocolour II crayons
Distress Oxide Ink Pads & Re-Inkers: Worn Lipstick; Wilted Violet; Fossilised Amber
Pebeo Dyna Iridescent acrylic paint: Blue Black
Embellishments:
Tim Holtz Ideaology Ephemera Pack: Thrift Shop
Sheer ribbon & sequins from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
DecoArt Sand Texture Paste
Washi tape (for attaching the stencil)
Collall all purpose glue
Collall dimensional glue

11 comments:

Claire said...

What a super tag Karen, the colours are lush with so much depth and lots to look at, beautiful x

Cara said...

A lovely bright and cheery make, I'm sure it'll bring a smile every time you see it in your craft room x

Susanne Rose Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Beautiful work. Thank you for using our heart stamps! I love all the layers. Thank you for joining us over at the Rubber Dance Challenge. HUGS Susanne.

Craftyfield said...

Nothing like playing with new inks... Great tag! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

Emma Williams said...

Very pretty project with lots of fabulous detail and layering! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Scrappin Sue said...

Very pretty
Thanks for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges x

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous!! the colors are amazing!! I love the texture and the design!! So beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Minas kreativa said...

Wonderful creation with so many yummy layers and details. Thanks for joining the challenge at Rubber Dance. x Melina

Monika Gulyas said...

Lovely feminine tag!!! Thank you for joining the July challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

Linda said...

What a pretty tag ..... great layers and texture. Thank you for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge xx

ionabunny said...

Love this pretty and bright tag. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz