Sunday, 23 July 2017

Added ribbon and twine ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors I hope your week was good and you’re having a lovely weekend.  I’m finally getting around to using up some of the background papers I created when we returned from the wedding. I used my Distress Oxide re-inkers and lovely lush watercolour paper, because I wanted that awesome texture and here is the end result …

An A5 card
It has lots of lovely depth but okay to post
All the yummy details
She looks so peaceful
The lovely postcard stamp
The lovely die cuts
More die cuts and the twine
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Creatalicious Challenge #119 Anything Goes optional summer


Kort O Mania Challenge #179 Anything Goes

Mix It Up Challenge Blog #MIUCB#3 Anything Goes optional Distressing


Scrapy Land Challenge #70 Anything Goes
I used Crafters Companion and Sizzix dies
Create something three dimensional or add something three dimensional


So many lovely layers of ink and paint were added to this card and I have to say it’s one of my favourites again because of the postcard stamp, the embossing paste, the die cuts and the colours lol! I think this card is going to be one of the ones I want to replicate on a canvas and I really must start doing that soon!

A very quick explanation for how I created all the details. I laid down a water wash onto the watercolour card, I added drops of the Doxide re-inkers to my paint palette and coloured the card. I dried the card, I smooched my Doxide ink pads onto my craft mat and dipped the card into it as well as splattering and dripping the ink onto the card. I dried the ink in between adding each layer of ink. I attached the Tim Holtz layering stencil with Washi tape to white stamping card snippet and added Dreamweaver pearl embossing paste onto it. I removed and cleaned the stencil and left it dry.

I inked up the image with Versafine black IP and stamped onto another white stamping card snippet and I did the same with the postcard stamp. I coloured my stamped elements with Spectrum Noir AquaTints and then dried them. I ferreted through my bag of coloured by me snippets, coloured card snippets and patterned paper snippets and had a die cutting session. Creating this card turned out to be a great snippet buster! Thankfully the hot weather has meant that any embossing paste that is being used dries really quickly so I then coloured the embossing paste snippet with Spectrum Noir AquaTints and because it wasn’t rich enough I used my Distress Crayons to make it deeper and richer coloured.

Once everything was dry I roughened all the edges using my tools, e.g. Tim Holtz distress tool; scissors; metal files. Until I was happy with the end result. I had a play around with the layout and used snippets of ribbon and twine to create bows which I added to the finished card. I hope you like it as much as I do lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x












Tools
Stamp:
Rubber Dance Art stamps: Resting Woman; Vintage Postcard
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: THS077 Floral
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Small Tattered Florals die set
Memory Box Poppystamp Cheviot Butterfly die
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Floral Delight Range: In Bloom
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; knife palette; Distress water spray; Tim Holtz Distress tool; craft mat

Supplies
Card Paper:
A4 Watercolour card
300 gsm card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary
Versafine IP: black
Distress Oxide Re-Inkers: Faded Jeans; Cracked Pistachio; Wilted Violet; Fossilised Amber
Distress Crayons Set 1
Embellishments:
Pearl, ribbon, sequins and twine from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Dreamweaver pearl embossing paste
Washi tape
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam


12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen :-) the vintage image is beautiful and I love the background and all of the flowers, the whole design is stunning! :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Sue said...

This is wonderful Karen, a beautiful Summery piece. Thank you so much for joining in with us at Rubber Dance and enjoy your weekend. Sue xx

Melanie said...

A great card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional summer” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

Susanne Rose Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Gorgeous work. Thank you for using our stamps! I love all the beautiful layers! Thank you for joining us in the Rubber Dance Challenge. xx Susanne

Cara said...

Love how this is vibrant and yet still has a vintage feel to it x

Lori Kobular said...

The bright colors on your card are so pretty! I am loving all your layers! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful card with lovely details and textures. Thanks for joining us at Mix It Up Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Loose Stitches said...

Totally gorgeous creation, love all the beautiful detail! Thank you for joining us at Mix It Up Challenge Blog! We hope to see you again!
Sherry x - DT for Mix It Up Challenge Blog
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

Team Clark said...

Really beautiful layers and coloring, Karen. I love how you used the tiny tattered florals here. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapy Land. Hugs, Autumn

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Wonderful layers of colors and texture Karen.Thanks so much for joining us at Rubber Dance theme challenge this month.

Sara Barker said...

Karen, this is SO beautiful! Hugs!

Seemaa said...

Beautiful layering and amazing textures, awesome work karen!!
Thank you for playing with us @Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge... All the best!!
DT Seemaa
https://icraftpaper.blogspot.com