Sunday, 30 July 2017

Another distressed Christmas card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. Because of several current challenges I wanted to create another A5 Christmas card for our stash and here it is …

Another one of the A5 Christmas cards done!
I will have to hand deliver or put it in a box
All the yummy distressed edges and fabric
I love the texture that adding fabric brings
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
ABC Christmas Card Challenge N for new and O for old 
My poinsettia die is new and my patterned papers are old
Cardz TV Challenge #4 Christmas in July Ho Ho Ho
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge #344
 Anything Christmas Goes


I’ve loved using my new but not used since I purchased it die. It’s a really gorgeous poinsettia so much so that hubby loves it too. I’ve purchased some crinoline in the UK because of the lovely poinsettias that Sara Emily has created and I want to create poinsettias just like that too!

Thankfully this was an easy card to put together as I used the same papers and card that I did on Friday’s card. I’m trying very hard not to add to my snippets piles and figured that creating two cards whilst the Christmas stuff was on my desk was no hassle so two more Christmas cards: yay! I like creating these quick ones especially as they look so nice without requiring hours of work. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Sizzix Poinsettia Bigz die
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue 9 heart die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; ink blending tool and foam

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Papermania Christmas patterned paper (a few years old minimum)
Pion Design 5111 Days of Winter 12 x 12 Images
Sheena Douglass white stamping card (for die cutting the poinsettia)
White cheesecloth
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Red Barn Distress ink pad
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: primary set
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Stickles glitter glue: Frosted Lace
Double sided tape
Fun foam

9 comments:

Helen said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Cara said...

Beautiful card, it definitely deserves a box to keep it safe x

Craftychris said...

Love all the layers and that gorgeous poinsettia! A stunning card! xxx

Tracy Freeman said...

Another beauty, love the gorgeous images and all the distressing and those flowers !!!

Sending hugs x
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness...after seeing both your cards using the TH pointsettia die I now know I need it!!! Love this card! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Inkyfingers said...

What a beautiful vintage card!Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge.

Sara Barker said...

Karen, this is such a beautiful Christmas card! I really love those images; they look so elegant with the red papers and that GORGEOUS poinsettia! (Thank you for the shout out!) If you are like me, you are going to get lots of use out of that die--truly one of my favorites! Yes the snippet of fabric adds a nice textural touch to this lovely card! Oh, I almost forgot to tell you how delighted I am you shared this in our Christmas in July challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 344 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too x

Kath said...

A fabulous card. I'm sorry for my lateness in commenting but thank you for sharing with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
Kath x