Sunday, 23 July 2017

Fiskarettes UK Design Team, pink and white ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I’m going to share one of the cards I created for Fiskarettes UK Facebook page, see here. Below I’ve listed how I created my own stencil using one a Fiskars punch. I’m not sure why but for my first two card projects I went clean and simple style which is okay but I’m playing right now and I doubt very much that the next few projects will be clean style lol, and here is my card …

A 148mm square card
Is good to post
All the inky details
The beautiful butterfly
A final look

Luckily for me I can also enter these Challenges
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #29 Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenge #119 Anything Goes optional summer
Kort O Mania Challenge #179 Anything Goes
Love to Craft Challenge LTCCB#12 Anything Goes
Love to Scrap Challenge LTSCB#99 Anything Goes
Scrap & Craft Inspiration Challenge #5 Summertime with Butterflies
I moulded the butterfly wings to give them depth and dimension


When I received my a parcel from Fiskars I already had an idea of some of the things that I wanted to create. One of those ideas kept nagging at me to try it so I used my new Fiskars Anemone punch to punch a line of anemone’s through a piece of thin acetate. I deliberately used thin acetate because I didn’t want to kill my new punch before I had used it fully, lol. The overhead acetate turned out to be the best type of acetate for punching. Product acetate or card making acetate is way too thick for any punch to cope with. The overhead acetate is a little thin but it has worked for me with inking, painting and texture paste. So I recommend you got get your punches out and make yourself some new stencils lol!

I attached the stencil to a piece of card using Washi tape and then I used Worn Lipstick Doxide and the small ink blending tool and foam. I worked from the bottom up, placing a piece of paper over the card I had just inked so that I didn’t smudge the ink. I attempted the ombre inking technique so I heavily inked up my ink blending foam and applied the ink through my stencil. My attempt has worked but not as well as I hoped, however, I now know how to fix that so I’ll be trying the ombre technique again soon. So I covered the piece of card with rows of anemones using my home crafted stencil and then heat set the inks. I inked up the continuous butterfly stamp with Worn Lipstick and stamped the butterflies onto another white snippet and fussy cut the butterflies. I trimmed the stencilled card to size used my Distress tool to roughen the edges before using the ink blending tool to ink those distressed edges. I dried the stamped butterflies and the distressed edges using my heat gun. I wrapped ribbon around the background card and attached it to a card blank. I created a bow which I attached to the card.

The last couple of steps were to adhere the butterflies then attach the pretty little bling stones. I hope you like it and I hope this will inspire you to look at your punches in many more ways. I love that I could use a punch to make a stencil and I will be doing that again soon, lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Fiskars Continuous stamp
Punch:
Fiskars medium Anemone punch
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; mini ink blending tool and foam

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Craft UK 15 cm square card
Overhead projector acetate
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide: Worn Lipstick
Embellishments:
White Bling gems and Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Washi tape

11 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen :-) I love the stencilled background and the distressed edges, the whole design of this is so pretty! :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

The Little Stamper said...

A very beautiful monochrome card - I love all the layers.

Thanks for sharing atColour Crazy.

Sharon x

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional summer” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Karen. I love how you've used the anemone punch to create the lovely background - very clever! xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

So creative and I love that you created your own stencil. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Pen Sunshinepen said...

HI there, thank you for joining us over at LTCCB and good luck. Love your colours you have used and the butterflies just add to the card.

Pen Dt

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Wonderful summery card! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious
Tina dt

rachel said...

this is really pretty Karen and congrats on becoming a fiskarette! Thanks for joining the Things with Wings challenge at Countryview challenges and Good Luck! Hugs rachel x

Jackie C said...

Sweet card! Thank you so much for sharing at Creatalicious. Please do come back again! Jackie DT.

Shuly said...

Such a sweet project with adorable design and soft colors! It's so cool you shared at Love to Scrap!

Leslie said...

Love everything about this! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog's "Anything Goes" challenge this month!
Hugs,
Leslie, LTSCB DT
Love To Scrap 2
Love To Scrap!