Monday, 10 July 2017

Fiskarettes UK Facebook Design Team Mixed Media Tags is my first project ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and your week has started well.. I’m very lucky and honoured to say that I’m sharing two tags I created today for the Fiskarettes UK page Facebook. I had to play with my beautiful Viva Decor stencil again and I created a second stencil using one of Fiskars punches so that I could add extra detail. 

I used Distress Oxides on the first one and here it is …

 
I used my Distress Oxides to create this tag
All the gorgeous inky and texture paste detail
I used the large jar squeeze punch to put my flowers in and the anemone punch to create a stencil which I applied texture paste through
A final look at this one

I used Distress ink pads on the second one and here it is ...

You can see the colours are much more translucent
You can see the depth of the texture paste here
All the yummy inkiness and paint, love this tag!
You can see another of the punches and the beautiful butterfly stamps here
And a final look at this one


Luckily for me I can also enter these Challenges
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge TIMI July Anything Goes

Creative Artiste Challenge #28 Mixed Media Anything Goes


Double D Challenge Pastel Party & Photographic Inspiration

Frilly & Funkie Challenge In the good old summertime
I love the warmth, the light and the longer days of summer.
My whole colour palette for creating or dressing completely changes. My mood is so much lighter and better because the sun banishes any S.A.D. symptoms


I wanted to create something visible that would show me the visible difference Distress ink pads and Distress Oxide ink pads. So I decided to create a couple of mixed media tags that I could keep on my desk to refer back to.

I decided to use my Viva Decor stencil and to create a stencil from thin acetate that I could punch with Fiskars medium Anemone flower punch. So I took out two A4 sheets of Sheena stamping card and on one I used my Distress ink pads and the other I used my Distress Oxide ink pads. I lightly sprayed both of them and inked the edges too. Once they were dry I decided to fussy them up and make them look really pretty, after all they are just for me, lol!

Delving through my use it up stash recently I re-found the Anna Griffin floral dimensional stickers and I thought they would work beautifully with the Fiskars Continuous butterfly stamp as well as the Fiskars Squeeze large Jar punch. The embellishing consumables (bling, butterflies, ribbons, texture paste) are in my use it or loose it pile, the butterflies were stamped onto snippets and the pink flowers I created with the Fiskars Squeeze large Petals punch were Bazzill Bling textured pink card snippets lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x












Tools
Stamp & Stencil:
Fiskars Continuous butterfly stamp
Viva Decor #08 Flowers & Music 29cm square stencil
Punch:
Fiskars Anemone medium punch
Fiskars Squeeze punch: Petals; Jar
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Craftwork Cards tag template; Ranger mini ink blending tool and foam; Distress spray bottle; palette knife; blending tool; paint brush; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Thin acetate
Snippets: textured card; Kraft card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress ink pads
Distress Oxide ink pads
Lilac acrylic paint
Embellishments (all old and from my stash):
Velvet, ric rac and push bow ribbons
Wooden butterflies
White bling gem stones
Anna Griffin flower stickers
Kanban sentiment
Adhesives/Mediums:
Dreamweaver embossing paste
Collall all purpose glue
Washi tape


14 comments:

Craftychris said...

Both these are gorgeous! Loads of colour and texture and it's cool seeing the two different inks too. xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautifully created tags.. Thank you for sharing with us over at That's Crafty & joining in with the Blog Challenge..
Best wishes Tracey

Di said...

Both are fabulous Karen and what a great idea to do them with the different ink pads for reference. Impatiently waiting for my Oxides here! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Cara said...

Two gorgeous tags. Love all the texture you've created on them x

Darlene said...

OMG what beautiful tags Karen! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pastels’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Sue said...

These are so pretty, I love the colours and textures! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and have a fun week. Sue xx

Inky Kitty said...

Great tags, I love how you have layered the flowers. Thank you for joining in the challenge on the Love to Create blog.

Barb said...

They are both very beautiful tags Karen. Beautiful colours and lots of lovely texture. Barbxx

Jane Royston said...

Beautiful tags! I love the summery feel you have created. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month, Jane (DT) :) x http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Maura Hibbitts said...

Gorgeously distressed floral tags, Karen! Loving those big blooms! I'm so happy you shared your beautiful project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Oh my this is so beautiful! I love all those wonderful embellishments, patterns and texture the tags. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge – hope you’ll join us again!
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Claire said...

Very pretty floral tags with so much texture and lush elements x

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful pastel tags. Thanks for sharing your design with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us again.
Kathy
DRU DT

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Such lovely, summery colors on these very pretty tags! Thanks for joining the fun at the Frilly and Funkie "In the Good Old Summertime" Challenge!