Saturday, 1 July 2017

House of Cards July 2017 ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend has started well. I’m back with my House Of Cards post today and for this month once again we have a choice for you. You can either use the colour palette or be inspired by the photograph or use both: multiple options for you and here is the graphic …..


And here is my card …

A 148mm square card
It has some depth, but not too much lol!
All the yummy inky, grit, ribbon, texture and everything I love 
That beautiful flower stamp
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 
Creative Artiste Challenge #27 Mixed Media Anything Goes

Love to Craft Challenge LTCCB#12 Anything Goes
Love to Create Challenge #13 Mixed Media Anything Goes

MMW#26 Anything Goes


Mix It Up Challenge Blog #MIUCB#3 Anything Goes optional Distressing



As you can see I was, once again, inspired by both of the photographic elements. To me the sunshade parasol screams hot summer beaches or gardens to me as does the colour palette. So a hot yellow parasol and a summer colour scheme means flowers to me. Now I don’t often use yellow on my projects but you know me and how much I like to challenge myself lol!

So I used my Fossilised Amber and Cracked Pistachio re-inkers to colour a piece of white stamping card. Adding layers of colour and water and then drying in between each layer. Then my Tim Holtz Lines layering stencil and a palette knife to add a layer of DecoArt grit paste and I left that to dry overnight. The Fossilised Amber has bled into the grit paste but it is a much softer yellow which I love, love, love, love! I used a snippet of white stamping card and Fossilised Amber Doxide to ink up then stamp the Hero Arts flower. I dried that with my heat gun before doing anything else. I then die cut the card using the stitched nesting banner die and I stamped the flower a second time onto another snippet of white card. I smooshed the Broken China ink pad onto my craft sheet then I coloured the background of the die cut banner using a damp paintbrush and left it to dry. Then I coloured both the flowers, stems and leaves using Doxide Re-Inkers and left them to dry. I fussy cut the second flower and attached it over the top of the other using dimensional glue gel.

I attached the background to a 148mm square white card, then trimmed it. I used several large Neon Papermania snippets and die cut them using my Tim Holtz Mixed Media dies #1 and a die cut banner mat. I then die cut the Paper Smooches friend die from several coloured snippets and layered them together to get some more depth. A little vintage coloured gem finished my project: simples lol! hank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Hero Arts H5577 Classic Tea Flower stamp
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Stripes Layering Stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tutti Designs #214 Stitched Nesting Banners dies
Tim Holtz Mixed Media Dies #1
Paper Smooches Friend die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; palette knife

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm Craft UK 148mm square white card
Snippets: Papermania Neon
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress IP: Broken China
Distress Oxides Re-Inkers: Fossilised Amber; Broken China
Distress Oxide Ink Pad: Fossilised Amber
Embellishments:
Gem & Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
DecoArt Grit Paste
Collall 3D glue gel
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam

14 comments:

Merethe Arstein said...

Lovely texture and layer on this card. Happy summer Karen.

(✿*‿*) Ma
HOC DT team
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Darlene said...

WOW what fabulous detail and texture! Awesome design Karen! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Layers’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Irena Stefanova said...

Lovely project! Thanks for joining us at MMW!
Irena

Liz said...

Lovely design and I love all the texture. xx

Catherine said...

Your card is beautiful. I love all the texture you achieved in your background with the stenciling and I love the beautiful yellow colors. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Andree said...

A super card. Lovely details and fabulous textures.
Thank you for joining in with our June challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love the colours and all the layers make it extra special. Thanks so much for sharing with us at We Love 2 Create this time
Claire xx

Cara said...

Love all the texture on this card x

Donna said...

What a fabulous mixed media card Karen, lots of detail and depth! Donna HOC Teammate

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! The texture is lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Sherri said...

This is beautiful, Karen! Love the choice of dies for your layers & your coloring is gorgeous! Thanks for joining our "Layers" challenge at Dies R Us!

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

This is very beautiful. Wonderful designed.
Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Greetings Carola

Jean said...

Stunning card, loving all the texture and layout.
Thanks for joining us over at LOVE TO CRAFT.
Jean xx


Pawsitively Creative said...

Beautiful and fun design, perfect for this summer season and then some! Awesome sauce use of the DI and the layers are splendid! Those little banners and the stitching are stupendous! Fantabulous!

Thanks for joining us a Mix It Up! Hugz. ~Niki DT