Thursday, 6 July 2017

I wanna be a mermaid ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’ve wanted this stamp and sentiment for a while but it sold out at Crafters Companion and I couldn’t get hold of it and then I found out it was going to be in a stamping magazine and well you all know what happened, I had to have it, lol, and I’ve finally been able to stamp and colour her and yes I really do wish I could be a mermaid lol. Here is the card I created …

Crumbs I only used two layers!
I tried to capture the shimmer
All the yummy details, not too many though lol!
A final look


Created for me and especially for these Challenges


This was a really quick and easy card to create and I had so much fun watercolouring the image too. For some reason I’m still on the clean and simple kick. Once I finished watercolouring the mermaid and it had dried I then used my Sakura sparkle pens to add some shimmery gold and green to her mermaid tail/lower half. I really love the end look of this one and I plan to use her again and soon, lol, I’m thinking of a mermaid in a landscape which I love the idea of.

The sand and ocean was easy enough to create with my watercolours and this gorgeous watercolour paper. I’ve used it all now but I may have to purchase some more because I love the texture it gives to the watercolouring. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Creative Stamping Magazine: Sheena Douglas mermaid and sentiment stamp
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; Tim Holtz distress tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
Craft UK 148mm square Kraft card
Prima watercolour paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Black Versafine IP
Watercolour paints
Sakura sparkle gel pen
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue

12 comments:

rachel said...

awesome make Karen - I adore this stamp and your card is wonderful. Big hugs my lovely xx

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful water colouring. Can see why you needed to have this stamp at all costs. Hugs Mrs A.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Super card, what a beautiful mermaid image and that sentiment is just fabulous... Thank you for sharing with us all over at That's Crafty.. Tracey x

SARN said...

Wonderful image and a lovely watercoloured card. Fabulous sentiment too.

Thanks for leaving me so many comments on your catch up. Hope you start to feel better once the heatwave and humid lower.

The T-Shirt set you liked is no longer available via Stampin' Up! - your best bet is eBay. It's called "Custom Tee" if you look it up.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen, I love the image and the wonderful colours. Love mermaids, Kate x

Cara said...

Lovely watercolouring on this fab card x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a delightful image and beautifully watercoloured. Wouldn't you just love to be in that little scene too! Thanks for joining us at HLS CAS challenge this week.

Heike said...

i love this card so much! Thans for plaing paperminutes!!
Heike

Jo Nevill said...

Such a great card, love your image
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Kylie said...

Another wonderful watercolour card, Karen! Wouldn't it be cool to be a mermaid.... maybe just for some of the time :) Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Tracy Freeman said...

Hey lovely, hope you are ok and the heat isn't causing too many problems.

This is beautiful, gorgeous watercoloring !!!
Sending you lots of love and hugs xxx

cm said...

Your mermaid scene has planted a smile allll over my face! Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this gem in the HLS CAS Challenge gallery!
~carol