Monday, 24 July 2017

July Mixed Media Tag #3 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was lovely and your week has started well. I think my mixed media brain went into overdrive this month as I have never created so many mixed media projects in one month and there’s another week left of this month and if I finish them I have several more mixed media projects to share with you. I have been experimenting with using old embellishments with several other mediums (especially Doxides) and here is today’s tag …

I love the beautiful background I created with my Distress Oxides!
I love the depth from the sand texture paste
All the gorgeous ink and paint details
I had one of my oops moments when colouring the flowers!
I remembered to photograph the background before adding anything to it!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Cardz TV Challenge Anything Goes Designers Challenge #6 
Country View Crafts Challenge Things with Wings: 
I know it’s a little one but he’s so cute!
Creatalicious Challenge #119 Anything Goes optional summer

Creative Artiste Challenge #28 Mixed Media Anything Goes

Unstampa Belles Challenge Every Day is Special 
twist use lots of colours: I’m deliberately making sure that there is something good in every single day to make each day special and a pleasure: hope that makes sense


The background on my tag was one of the first play sessions with Doxides. I found the background pieces when tidying my desk over the weekend. I added layers of Doxides by dipping into Worn Lipstick, Red Barn and Fossilised Amber which I had smooched onto my craft mat and sprayed with water before dipping the card, drying the card and doing the same with a different colour or another layer of colour. Once I had the background coloured I attached the stencil with Washi tape and added a layer of the DecoArt Sand texture paste, it has lovely rough texture, just like a pumice stone lol!

Whilst going through, which I am still doing, my old stash I found a box of beautiful K & Co tags and 3D sticker embellishments. I also found matching brads to those embellishments and as soon as I saw them I knew that they would work beautifully with this tag so I got the shaped smaller tag, the beaded flower brad and pulled the 3D stickers out to add to the finished tag. I felt that there was something missing so I retrieved some cherry blossoms and pretty blossoms and then I coloured them with acrylic paint. At the same time I had several pots of glitter out from another project and I managed to knock them over onto the wet paint on the flowers. If you take a close look at the flowers you can see the uneven texture and that’s all because I am 100% klutz lol!

I attached the beaded flower brad to the small tag and then glued it in position. Once the flowers were dry I glued those and as I felt like something was missing I attached a 3D butterfly embellishment onto the tag and I was finished and happy with the end result. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stencil:
Pronty 15cm square Number stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat tool; craft mat; palette knife; Distress water spray; Craftwork Cards tag stencil; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress Oxide ink pads: Worn Lipstick; Red Barn; Fossilised Amber
Pebeo Acrylic paint: Orange; Pink
Embellishments:
K & Co: tag; beaded flower brad; sticker; peach glitter from my stash
Wild Orchid Crafts: Cherry Blossoms; Pretty Blossoms
Adhesives/Mediums:
DecoArt Sand Texture Paste
Collall all purpose glue
Washi tape

10 comments:

Michelle said...

The tag is so precious. Lovely colors and lots of texture.
Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge.
Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

Susan Hogan said...

Beautiful work on this. So imaginative! Love it! Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at Unstampabelles.

Judy McKay said...

Very interesting canvas. Lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this week. Judy DT

Andree said...

A super tag. Lovely soft colours and fabulous stencilled background.
Thank you for joining in with our July challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

Cara said...

Sounds like you had great fun creating this. Think my favourite part is the texture paste numbers, they're fabulous x

Dotstolines said...

Wow! Beautiful work! Love the colours! Thank you for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers. Good luck!
Aditi Mahajan- DT

rachel taylor said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with Creatalicious Rachel DT

Jane said...

Hi Karen I'm delighted you are having fun playing with mixed media. Your numbers background has lots of lovely depth and yes your sweet little butterfly certainly counts for my things with wings theme over at Country View! Your oxide colours are gorgeous too. Thanks so much for joining in with the fun xx

frommycraftroom said...

A fabulous background technique. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely ! Thanks for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x