Thursday, 13 July 2017

Layering Distress, Distress Oxides and AquaTints ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I was able to create another card for a couple of challenges and it ended up being a card this time too, lol, unlike yesterday! Anyway you might want to grab your sunglasses …

A 148mm square card
Lots of lovely ink and watercolour layers
All the yummy details
It was fun to play with this stamp again
Snippet busting!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Butterfly Challenge #82 Butterfly/flies & matching pairs &/ the colour orange peel:  My matching pairs are two purple flowers along with the colour orange peel I blended worn lipstick and picked raspberry with a yellow AquaTints colour to create the orange peel colour
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge TIMI July Anything Goes


Happy Little Stampers Dies Challenge Anything Goes with Dies





Rubber Dance Art Stamps July Colour Challenge


Scrapy Land Challenge #69 Anything Goes 
I used Crafters Companion, Memory Box and Sizzix/Tim Holtz dies



Another fun experimentation session with my Distress ink pads and Distress Oxide ink pads to see how they would look layered and I love the bright and zingy colours I achieved on this card. I stamped the lady with Versafine onto a snippet of white stamping card and then coloured her with my Bright and Beautiful Spectrum Noir AquaTints. I put that to one side whilst I was going through my pile of coloured by me card but I didn’t have the right colours for the bottom level of this card. So I grabbed another piece of white card and I used my mini ink blending tool and foam with Picked Raspberry and I coloured all of the edges. As I had some yellow AquaTints still in my paint palette from colouring the background of the lady I applied that to the rest of the card. I quickly dried the card and then sprayed with water and dried again. Once it was totally dry I went back with my Worn Lipstick Doxide ink pad and sprayed the card and heated it until dry. That was the main background whipped up nice and easy!

I added texture paste to watercolour paper (it was left over from another project) and when dry I coloured it with Lindys Icy Primrose Gold spray. I left that to dry and used it as the matt for underneath the stamped and watercolour lady. The small snippet on the LHS of card base was embossing paste added through a stencil which was then coloured with Distress crayons. I used multiple snippets to die cut the butterfly and flowers and played around with the layout. Simples lol!

I love these hot bold colours, they just make me smile and I hope they make you smile too! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x












Tools
Stamp:
Rubber Dance Art Stamps: Resting Woman
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: THS077 Floral
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus
Memory Box Poppystamp Cheviot Butterfly die
Tim Holtz Small Tattered Florals die set
Crafters Companion Sara Signature Floral Delight In Bloom die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; Distress spray bottle; palette knife; baby wipes

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Watercolour paper
300 gsm card
Snippets: Sheena white stamping card for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress Oxide ink pad: Worn Lipstick
Distress IP: Picked Raspberry
Distress Crayons Set 1
Spectrum Noir AquaTints Bright & Beautiful set: purple; red; & yellow
Versafine black ink pad
Lindys Stamp Gang Icicle Creek Starburst spray: Icy Primrose Gold
Embellishments:
Pearls from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Dreamweaver pearl embossing paste (small piece on card)
Ranger clear texture paste (on matt)
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam

12 comments:

Susanne Rose Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Another gorgeous project!!! Thank you for using our stamps! I love that textured border! Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. xx Susanne.

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous card. I love the blue of her dress that matches the blue of the flowers and makes the dress look like it is continuing down the page. Love all those colours. I'm on a no spend at the moment but really must get some of the oxides when pennies permit. Thank you for fluttering into the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

Dotstolines said...

Gorgeous card with the oxides! Thank you for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers. Good luck!
Aditi Mahajan- DT

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Karen. This image looks so relaxing and peaceful. I think the pop of colour that you've added in the background looks perfect with it. Thank you for joining us for the colour challenge at Rubber Dance.
Dot x

Cara said...

A lovely bright and cheery card x

Kath Stewart said...

lovely watercolour background Karen...perfect to show off that beautiful image...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

mamapez5 said...

Well done for achieving your orange peel colour, and thanks for such a detailed description of how it was done. That inspires other to have a go at a new technique. The deep purple goes perfectly with the background. A great card. Thanks for entering the butterfly challenge. Kate x

k.m.meena Herale said...

Lovely work.
Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS WC DT

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Gorgeous project!!! love the colors and the way you have embellished it..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

Inkyfingers said...

I love how you have layered all the soft colours and textures on this lovely card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Michelle said...

Lovely card with great colors.
Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge.
Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

Seemaa said...

Pretty background and the pop pf colours just complements everything.
Thanks for playing with us @ Happy Little Stampers "Anyhting Goes with Dies " Challenge. All the best.
Hugs
DT Seemaa
https://icraftpaper.blogspot.com