Wednesday, 5 July 2017

Lindy's Stamp Gang Sparkling Starburst and Distress Oxide Re-inkers ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’ve been experimenting again, lol, this time with a Lindy’s Stamp Gang spray, my Distress Oxide re-inkers and a set of NBUS stamps and here is the card I’ve created …

A 148mm square card
I went back to simple again!
Although keeping it simple means the flowers are the star!
I wasn't too keen on the look when I first started to write this post
But now I'm going to experiment some more

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #51 colour/photograph inspiration


Scrapy Land Challenge #68 Anything Goes: I used a Sizzix die
Stamping Sensations Challenge Anything with Flowers


I used a snippet of Shenna’s white card which I lightly sprayed with the Lindy’s Stamp Gang shimmer spray. I so wish I could have captured the beautiful shimmer and the luxurious feel of the card after applying and drying the Lindy’s spray. It has a lovely depth of colour and the shimmer is beautiful in real life and I think I’m in love with the Lindy’s spray as well as my Doxides lol! I wanted to see how the Doxides worked over the top of another water based ink or paint.

This Paperbabe stamp set has the line art images and the filler images but for today’s background experiment I used the outline stamp and coloured it with my Oxide re-inkers. You can still see the chalky effect of the ink and paint over the top of the spray. Once the panel was dry I roughened the edge of the card and attached it to the card. I die cut a sentiment and adding a little spray and splatter to the card and the sentiment so the base layer has a little shimmer and shine too.

For some reason I am in the mood to create clean and simple cards right now. It was a good experiment and it has produced an interesting look and when I started to write this post I wasn’t sure about it but I will now be trying it again. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Oriental Zen Paperbabe stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Sizzix original green die Fabulous
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; Tim Holtz Distress tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Craft UK 148mm square Kraft card
Snippets: for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Icicle Creek Starburst Icy Primrose Gold shimmer spray
Tim Holtz Distress Oxides: Broken China; Cracked Pistachio; Worn Lipstick; Wilted Violet; Red Brick; Fossilised Amber
Versafine IP: black
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue

10 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Simply FABULOUS Karen, love your bright coloured flowers layered upon that Kraft card, great combination. Thank you again for joining in with the That's Crafty *Keep it Simple* Blog Challenge... Tracey x

Olenkaja said...

Beautiful card. I love colors of flowers and die :)

Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrapy Land Challeng!
Hugs Ola

brenda said...

What a lovely bright and cheery card and so beautifully coloured Karen.

Many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensation Flower theme.

B x

Cara said...

Lovely card. I bet in reality the matt chalky flowers look stunning against the shimmery background x

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

What a sweet cas creation Karen. The flowers are pretty in colors and I love the distress edges as well. hank you for joining MHKDesigns July challenge. Happy crafting always.
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
MHKDesigns Design Team
Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}

Kylie said...

Very pretty, Karen! I love those flowers and the sparkle. The distressed edges are awesome! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

debby4000 said...

Love your summer colours floral card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Neets B said...

Loving the bright colours with the kraft and the distressed edges look great. However, our CAS challenge this month has the theme of birthday which I think you may have missed on this occasion.
Thanks so much for sharing at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge, Anita x

Shawna Standish said...

What a beautiful card with all the colors of the rainbow!! I love the layout and your distressed edges are the perfect addition to this wonderful design.. thank you for joining us at House of Cards.
Cyber Hugs,
Shawna DT

Dora said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.