Tuesday, 4 July 2017

The bells are a-ringing ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well. I wasn’t sure that I’d be able to get this card finished in time for one challenge in particular and I’m so glad I did lol! Here it is …

A very colourful and busy wedding card!
It will have to go in a box for posting
So much yummy inky, painted, stamped and die cuts!
This heart die is very beautiful!
 
This chipboard embellishments was brown so it had to be altered
and I have to use my butterfly stamps too!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges

Mixed Media World Challenge MMW#26 Anything Goes

 
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #51 colour/photograph inspiration

The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #38 Altered Embellishments



I started by attaching the Viva Decor stencil to a piece of Sheena stamping card and then I used my Distress Oxide ink pads to colour the open areas of the stencil. Once I had finished I liberally sprayed my background with water and mopped it up with a kitchen towel before heat drying, I did the same thing a couple of times and I also added splatters of Oxides re-inkers from my paint palette (left over from other projects) and finally I used my heat gun on the background before putting to one side.

I used snippets to die cut the heart twice and I coloured the snippets using my mini ink blending tool and foam using my Wilted Violet Oxide. I sprayed the hearts with water a couple of times, mopped up with kitchen towel and heat dried. I used my Tim Holtz woodgrain stencil with Versamark ink pad and WOW EP to add embossing detail to a watercolour coloured snippet. I die cut the word using my Winnie and Walter ‘happy’ die.

I had some Wilted Violet Oxide re-inker in my paint palette I used it to change the colour of the Wild Orchid Crafts roses. I used white gesso to colour a chipboard butterfly and once that was dry I added layers of lilac paint and purple shimmer spray. I stamped the Paperbabe butterflies onto white snippets using my Distress ink pads and then sprayed them liberally with water, to make the inks blur and run.

I figure out the layout and design and my final step was to add a double ribbon snippet bow to the top heart and the card was finished. It’s only as I’ve typed this post that I’ve realised quite how many steps, procedures and products went into creating this card! I’m really relived that I don’t have to make wedding cards every day lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Pieridae Paperbabe stamp set
Stencil:
Viva Decor #08 Flowers and Music square stencil
Tim Holtz Woodgrain Layering Stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Leonie Pujol Funky Heart base die set
Winnie & Walter ‘happy’ die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; Tim Holtz distress spray bottle; ink blending tool and foam; tea towel/kitchen towel

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Doxide ink pads/re-inkers: Broken China; Worn Lipstick; Wilted Violet; Fossilised Amber
Distress ink pads: Picked Raspberry; Peacock Feathers; Faded Jeans
WOW Purple Glitz EP
Lilac watercolour paint
Lilac acrylic paint
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts roses
Ribbons from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Pebeo white gesso
Versamark IP
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam

5 comments:

Cara said...

This is such an unusual wedding card, I'm sure the recipients will be delighted with it x

Sara Barker said...

Karen, you can tell you put a lot of love into your wedding card! Your pastel colors work so beautifully together! I love how you finished your sentiment! Thank you so much for joining our 'With This Ring' challenge at Frilly and Funkie, too! Hugs!

Cec said...

Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Maria Lillepruun said...

Very nice! Thank you for sharing with us at Mixed Media World!

Diana said...

definitely a colourful and busy wedding card.. thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Monthly!!