Thursday, 20 July 2017

The sun is shining ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have a lovely weekend. I’ve been stamping and practising my water colouring skills with one of my favourite flower stamps again and here is the end result …

Another 148mm square card
It has nice depth to it and we'll be okay to post too
All the yummy details
The beautiful dogwood rose
The final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Happy Little Stampers Dies Challenge Anything Goes with Dies


Kort O Mania Challenge #179 Anything Goes 
Paperminutes Challenge #496 It’s party time
Scrapy Land Challenge #70 Anything Goes 
I used Crafters Companion, Memory Box and Sizzix dies
I used three D glue gel to make my stamped flower dimensional
Stamping Sensations Challenge Anything with Flowers


I started out by using my Spectrum Aqua pens to colour the yellow flower and then the green leaves. Once I was happy with the inking I stamped it onto white stamping card and then I lightly sprayed the stamp with water before stamping onto another piece of white stamping card. I knew I wanted a decoupage layer and a base layer.

I dried the stamped image that was going to be my base layer using my heat gun. On the flower that was going to be my decoupage layer I barely dampened my watercolour paint brush and blended the yellow out to cover any white spots. I dried that before adding more colour to the centre of the flower. I scribbled my Aqua pen onto a craft mat and picked the ink up with a just dam paintbrush (again). I’ve learned through trial and error along with an innate knack for heavily adding water from my paintbrush that I need to be a lot more careful as the stamped image can basically disappear after I’ve added too much water from my paintbrush.

I attached my favourite Tim Holtz layering stencil to a piece of card and used ink blending tool and foam to add the lemony limes. Once I had finished covering the card I sprayed it lightly with water to soften the colours. I left the stamped flowers and the background overnight as it was the end of the evening and I’ve found that leaving my stamped and coloured projects for a while or overnight really works well for me. I have a habit of trying to hurry along my projects to get them done and that can mean I end up ruining the image or background that I have stamped and coloured in order to get it done. I’m sharing way too much about how my brain works here lol!

I used lots of snippets for my die cuts and coloured the word with lemon ink too. I figured out a layout I liked and was done! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp: La Blanche dogwood rose silicone stamp
Stencil: Tim Holtz Lines layering stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Handwritten Love die set
Memory Box Poppystamp die Cheviot Butterfly
Crafters Companion Leonie Pujol Mixed Media Flowers set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; spray water bottle; mini ink blending tool & foam

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Craft UK 148mm square Kraft card
Snippets: patterned papers for matting & die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pen sets: Primary (light & dark yellow); Nature (green)
Spectrum Noir Sparkle 2016 Special Holiday set
Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink pad
Embellishments:
Metal pin heads from my old stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam
Washi tape


9 comments:

brenda said...

The title say's it all Karen as your pretty card really is like a burst of Sunshine. Many thanks for joining in our Floral theme at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Cara said...

This card is just gorgeous, love the dimension you've created on it x

Dorlene Durham said...

Very pretty card. I love the 3D flower. Thank you for joining the July challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

pinky said...

Very pretty card. Loving all the texture. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is a pretty card Karen and I really like the dimension that you've got with your flower. Lovely sunshine colours too. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Craftychris said...

Beautiful card! Fab background for the lovely flower. xxx

Maura Hibbitts said...

Those big blooms look great! Lovely yellows! ! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Hugs, Maura

Helen F. said...

Lovely card,
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps this month!

Kati said...

Really lovely card. I love the colors - great coloring. But I think it doesn't shows anything partylike. Thanks for showing it for the paperminutes challenge.
hugs
mamapia