Monday, 28 August 2017
Blue & Green for a Man ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and you have lovely week. I decided to take out a not much used stamp set as well as a not much used die set and I ended up creating a birthday card for a man and here it is result …
15cm square card
It will be okay to post but still has some depth
The beautiful feather stamp and die
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Country View Crafts Challenge Blue and Green
Happy Little Stampers Dies Challenge Anything Goes with Dies
Pixie’s Snippets Playground Challenge #295/296
I seem to never create enough cards for men so I decided to dig out the feather stamp and my Tim Holtz mixed media die set. I’ve had this set for a couple of years and I don’t use it often enough so out it came to play.
1. I stamped the feathers onto white stamping card snippet using my Distress ink pads.
2. I used a damp brush to pull the colour out of the feathers and left it to dry.
3. Delving into the snippets bag I found patterned paper, vellum and pearl paper snippets. I die cut the patterned paper and vellum using the mixed media die and the pearl paper using the Happy Birthday die.
4. I played with the patterned paper and vellum to get the right layout on my card and stuck them in position.
5. The stamping card was dry so I used my Tim Holtz Distress tool on the edges.
6. I coloured the edges of the stamped card using my ink blending tool and foam with the Broken China Distress ink pad and my Splodgeaway mat as I can achieve a soft and pastel look with no hard edges when I use the mat with the ink blending tool.
7. I smooched my ink pad onto the mat and used water to make a wash which I then splattered onto the stamped card. I left that to dry.
8. I attached the happy birthday die cut to the stamped card and attached fun foam and double sided tape to the back of the stamped card before attaching it on the card which already had the paper and vellum attached.
9. I wanted to add some embellishments whilst keeping it masculine so I searched my charms and found the feathers. I tied the feathers together using Bakers Twine and tied that in a bow before attaching it to the stamped panel too.
I really enjoyed playing with this stamp and the dies so I need to see which of my other stamps can be used to create more male suitable birthday cards. Not a bit of glitter or bling in site either lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Sheena Douglass Feather individual EZ mount stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Mixed Media Tim Holtz Sizzix Dies
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby Range Happy Birthday die
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: patterned paper; self adhesive pearl paper; vellum
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress ink pads: Broken China, Shabby Shutters
Ribbon Girl: Bakers Twine
Feather charms from my stash, very old!
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape