Tuesday, 1 August 2017

House of Cards August 2017 ...



Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well. I’m back with my House Of Cards post today and for this month once again we have a choice for you. You can either use the colour palette or be inspired by the photograph or use both – lots of options for you. I have been inspired by both, of course, lol, I love the colour palette this month so much and here it is …..


And here is my card …


An A5 birthday card
It has lovely depth and it will go in the post: yay!
The embossing paste has taken on some of the Doxide colour
I'm happy with my colouring for a change lol!
I'm not sure what I used before die cutting became so popular and the product range increased!
I love cutting and colouring my own die cut flowers
A final look


When I checked out the colour palette and photograph for this month’s challenge I squealed with joy, lol, I seem to more and more attracted to shades of purple this year and the fact that there are so many shades and the flowers, you all know how much I love using my flower stamps so yes I squealed with joy!

The two small pieces on the background were in my snippets box, left over from another project or projects. The two larger pieces that I used on the background have pearl embossing paste that was applied through a Tim Holtz stencil. I have been trying to use up my open pot of Dreamweaver pearl embossing paste as it is starting to break down a little.  I think it’s been in my stash for more than seven years so that surprises me that it has lasted that long, it’s good stuff lol! Once the embossing paste was dry I used Wilting Violet and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide re-inkers to colour the backgrounds. I love this very rich and very vibrant purple.

I stamped the flowers using my black Versafine and then coloured them with the colours from my Bright & Beautiful and Beautifully Grunge AquaTints.  I took my time and coloured them in layers so that I have brighter areas as well as shadows. The flowers were die cut from either white or coloured snippets. The flowers that were white were coloured with AquaTints that were left over in my paint palette. All of the flowers and the butterfly are cut with Crafters Companion dies. The sentiment is from a Whimsy Stamps Inspire die which has three sentiments so it’s really useful.

I had a play around with the layout and added a matt under the stamped image as there was no definition between the purple backgrounds and the stamped panel. I used three little white pearls to add the centre to the flowers and my project was finished, lol, and now flower stamps are once again calling my name very loudly! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Floral layering stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Tattered Florals
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Collections:
Floral Delights: Pretty Petals die set
Butterfly Lullaby: Flit & Flutter die set
Whimsy Stamps Sentimentables Dies: Birthday set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; palette knife

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: white stamping card; patterned paper for the matt
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Bright & Beautiful; Beautifully Grunge; Essentials
Tim Holtz Distress Oxides Re-Inkers: Worn Lipstick; Wilted Violet
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments:
White pearls from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Pearl Dreamweaver Embossing Paste
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam
Washi tape

9 comments:

Merethe Arstein said...

This is so nice done, Lovely. So fun to see all you girls creations and howe diffrent they are on the same theme.

(✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - so much to look at - great job for this challenge. Shirley Team Mate

Sally H said...

Wow, Karen! How absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it, especially the colours! Stunning!

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love those stunning flowers.
Can I just comment on something about your blog? It may not be something that you can change, or indeed you may not want to change it. When I read your text there is very little space between the bottom of one line and the top of the next. Personally, I find it makes it very difficult to read and so I often don't read all your description and explaination of how you make your card which is such a shame. I hope you don't mind me mentioning it and please don't feel that you have to change it. Hugs xxx

Donna said...

This is absolutely stunning Karen! So many lovely details. Donna HOC Teammie

foleysfriend said...

Your card is simply beautiful. I appreciate all the fine details you used to create such a work of art.

sue
HOC DT

Brenda said...

Wow, what a beautiful card Karen! I so love the color combo and those beautiful flowers as well as the butterfly. The touch of gold on this card was unexpected too and boy do I love it! Hugs, Brenda

Michele K. Henderson said...

Karen, this is so gorgeous! I love your deep, rich, purple hues! It looks beautiful!
Take Care!
Michele, HOC teamie

SARN said...

What a stunner of a card Karen. Love it xxx